Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Cockdiesel Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:24 pm
For a new ast 4 in and 4 out would be dope, don’t forget the multi mode analog filters.
Pioneer would make a dope box. So would someone if they partnered with TAL, a hardware TAL sampler would be pretty cool too.

Still don’t know what to think about the s2400, doesn’t really fit any of my needs ATM , but would like to see more as it gets into more hands.
By fooddude Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:09 pm
Lampdog wrote:
terry towelling wrote:while they're at it, add a switch for flipping between EPS classic 13 bit and ASR10 16 bit sampling

Scary coincidence... I was actually thinking of Paris Hilton and Taylor Swift before clicking on this thread today, while I was scrolling through the "The Next MPC" thread.
By Ajax Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:45 pm
Bombbeats4000 wrote:Yeah, i was bound to catch flak for this but Boombap is a thing of the past yo ..
I was born in 1971 and i witnessed the birth of real Hiphop and several decades have past but Rap music these days is different.
It doesn't mean it's all bad and Boy we have seen some sick beats these past 18 years that have nothing or little to do with original Boombap.
Sure, i enjoy Boombap too but i am not blind to just that style of music.
I'd like to think that beatmaking has evolved and these beats with a skilled rapper can still raise the roof just like in the 80's and 90's.
Especially after the 2000's with people like Scott Storch beatmaking changed dramaticly.

That’s not true at all. Some of the best boombap I’ve ever heard came out in the last couple years. It’s still being dropped daily. It’s just not the prevalent mainstream sound anymore. Apollo Brown, Madlib, Stoupe, RJD2, Alchemist, Deringer, and countless other “newer” producers are putting out incredible boombap, on top of the old legends that still make music.
By chino Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:59 am
Lampdog wrote:Got it in mail Jan 7th.

Im still patiently waiting for mine. I ordered it Sept. 26th, 2020. It will prob be awhile before I get it.

How is the workflow? Do you find it user friendly? How does it compare to the MPC's workflow?
By Lampdog Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:54 pm
X is easier and more fluid imo.

The combination of using knobs+faders for envelopes doesn’t sit well with me but I’ll get over it. Not a showstopper at all. It’s not user friendly. Manual + instruction videos will give you a better perspective of S2400 and is super useful. Vids also have a link in the pdf manual.

:arrow: http://www.islainstruments.com/files/S2400_User_Manual.pdf

:arrow: S2400 Video User Manual on YouTube.
By iofflight Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:25 am
I find it pretty user friendly compared to other things I've used YMMV obviously. If you are used the MPC way of working this is different. The MPC Live is more feature rich and more complicated if you ask me. I think both together are a powder keg.

As for the OS there are some bugs and hopefully a new firmware update is forth coming soon, and will be adding some features like reverse sample, midi sequencing, resampling in the internal engine.

Here are the bug fixes that are coming.

Fixed bug with level going to zero after editing large samples
Fixed bug with stereo when editing large samples
Fixed bug with stereo when overwriting file in waveform editor
Fixed save kit bugs
Fixed a bug with erase in Step Program mode
Fixed holding erase not working when repeat is locked
Fixed assigning sound to track in waveform view
Fixed negative fractions not displaying minus sign
Fixed reading of WAV files that have data chunks between the fmt and data chunks
Fixed unnecessary reloading of large samples in multi mode waveform view
Fixed bug with repeat quantization in multi mode
Fixed crash after overwriting large sample with small one
Fixed pitch error in step program mode
Fixed bug where exiting help on copy screen causes copy to happen