Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By jpeg Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:09 pm
Lampdog wrote:
iofflight wrote:I still think about picking up a Rossem SP1200 reissue, for the simplicity and to own a piece of history without the historical price the vintage one commands, but really the s2400 is the sampler I truly have wanted for almost 2 decades.

THIS, this right here is EXACTLY why I bought it. I’ve always wanted the og machine. When S2400 happened I KNEW right then and there, my chance is here.
The pad feel and no dsp has stopped me from fully loving it. Going through Kronos2 for efx right now and it’s STILL lovely though. The sound is exactly as I remember playing with an SP way back when. TRUST, it’s what you want!

do u reckon Isla should of gone for the same clicky buttons instead of pads?

but yea always wanted an SP so when i saw the final version it was too tempting; but sure enuff the sp is one the best workflows of any machine i have used.
By saltmcgault Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:46 pm
jpeg wrote:do u reckon Isla should of gone for the same clicky buttons instead of pads?

maybe the same type of material they used with the og mpc pads.
By sinik Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:00 pm
i wouldn't call the pads a fail. however, i do prefer the rubbery texture of the classic soft mpc pads. maybe in the future, there will be a mod for it. otherwise, i can completelty recommend the s2400. i had no experience on the original sp, but found my way around the s2400 rather quickly. there is some magic to the sound of this sampler, especially how it sounds. the beats i make on the s2400 are more raw than my latest stuff i did on the newer mpc's. it's just a really good sampler if you are really into 90's hip hop.
By sinik Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:01 pm
Lampdog wrote:SOON as the DSP card arrives I want it.

mos def! i'm also curious about the filter module.
did u see that they plan a white version of the s2400? if they get the details (pads, knobs etc.) right, that might be something. ;)
By Lampdog Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:41 am
S2400 already does great native filtering. Will be there be a filtering module to add-in later too or is it included on the dsp card?
By sinik Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:18 am
there will be a DSP board for effects, and a seperate new filter card with analog filter options.
maybe there will be something like a s950 filter with that nice resonance for filtering basslines etc.

im not a big fan of the digital band and highpass filters on the s2400, the new analog filters could enhance the sonic capabilities of the s2400.

as for the fx board, i just need compression, EQ, reverb and delay. that would totally do it for me.

what kind of effects you wanna see?
By chino Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:32 pm
Lampdog wrote:SOON as the DSP card arrives I want it.

The DSP card is DEF on my wish list! For now, I run a SP404MK2 into the S2400 for the FXs. I really like the sampling work flow & FXs on the SP404 MK2!!
By jpeg Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:23 pm
https://www.facebook.com/10006452356693 ... tid=cr9u03

the dsp fx board also runs vst instruments; not just fx, so next level shit bout to pop off

akai need to vsts running in standalone aside from the just the air purpos built ones
By NearTao Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:16 pm
I thought I read it is "a" VST, so probably just testing things to see if it might work. Cool that they were able to proof of concept it, but it doesn't necessarily mean that the 2400 is about to have a full ecosystem. Even if it can run VSTi, unless they publish the specs/build tools/build environment... it's not clear that consumers would be able to make any VSTi for it.

I think it's cool, it is interesting, and I certainly hope that ISLA is able to pull a rabbit out of a hat, but it's probably a bit premature to be opening the champagne and celebrating.
By jpeg Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:52 am
NearTao wrote:I thought I read it is "a" VST, so probably just testing things to see if it might work. Cool that they were able to proof of concept it, but it doesn't necessarily mean that the 2400 is about to have a full ecosystem. Even if it can run VSTi, unless they publish the specs/build tools/build environment... it's not clear that consumers would be able to make any VSTi for it.

I think it's cool, it is interesting, and I certainly hope that ISLA is able to pull a rabbit out of a hat, but it's probably a bit premature to be opening the champagne and celebrating.

DSP card runs quad core 1.8ghz to that covers most vsts

DSP card is capable of running VST fx plugins (and instruments) inside the S2400.

They can still have a gui, but will be ignored , the S2400 os takes care of reading and mapping the params.