Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By peterpiper Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:41 pm
islainstruments wrote:
to the guy asking about 12-bit. Tbh, the bit depth of a machine does not really have all that much bearing on the tonal quality.

daring thesis. Don't say this on FB cause the 8bit mu-law disciples won't like this ;)

peace
By Lampdog Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:03 pm

By fobedafied Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:17 am
yea. check isla instruments instagram. he posted the weigh in. 14.5 lbs. :shock:

on one of those vids he also sized up the 1200 next to the 2400. :nod:

i think imma have to cop. look at the toys nukai and the like sell for a G. this thing looks beastly in comparison imo.

also, check all the industry "producer cool guys" commenting on the development. LOL. :lol:

at first it sounded like a joke, then a myth... now this thing is starting to look like the real fukn thing. WOW. :shock: :worthy:
By helloitsmeagain Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:15 pm
I bought the Kordbot, Isla's first product. Originally listed as a Chord generator and Sequencer. I waited over 1 year off the back of Kickstarter funding. No issue, I knew what I was getting into when I ordered it. Others ordered at a much later stage, once the device was complete, direct from Isla, and I saw them bitching about waiting as long as me. There were definite problems with delivery. Just an FYI.

My issue is that the potential of the Kordbot hasn't been realised because promised software updates have never materialised. Sequencing... Functionality that partly convinced me to buy still isn't there. The Kickstarter said: 'KordBot is a music production assistant that combines a chord generator, arpeggiator and step sequencer In one unit.' The word sequencer is no longer even on the product page. Funny, 'cause in my hardware there's a screen that says 'coming soon'.

Just thought I'd mention it 'cause there some guys on this board still upset that Aki isn't taking care of the 4000...

I'd love a SP 2400. I might even get one. But only once they been out in the wild for a while and isla proves they sorted their shit.
By terry towelling Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:05 am
A bought a kordbot a few months ago. Site said shipping time was three weeks and that’s when it shipped. I think Isla have probably learned a lot from their first product release and probably now have money to hire staff they need. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy from them again.
Great machine. Really upped my game. I bought it for the chord functions but was really impressed by the arpeggiator.
By fobedafied Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:18 am
Cockdiesel wrote:They need to get jel on board with this thing... one of my greatest inspirations to start making beats and a real cool guy.

yeah man. Jel is a beast on the drumming. I thought there used to be some SP drumming vids of him on the tube. all i can find now are mpc vids. :?

he got down on the drumming on the 10seconds album, but the rest of the compositions dont really resonate with me tbh. :|

anyhow i HAD to bite the islainstruments bullet. :oops: :P 8) :shock: :nod: :smoker: :-D :WTF: :popcorn: :mrgreen: :idea: :fku: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :-D
By fooddude Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:49 pm
Do you think it would be a good (or bad) idea if Isla collab'ed with a bigger company for this (like Behringer for ex.)?
Maybe for higher production numbers and a wider/better distribution? (because I assume this might be very limited in production and/or might be short-lived in availability/production; as with most small companies and compared to a big company like Behringer).

Or, would there be too much drama/complications, engineering secrets disclosed, QC issues, less control and compromised-design, etc., etc. working with a bigger company?