Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
User avatar
By NearTao Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:58 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Can the map Lowhiss's software to a MIDI controller like the Akai MPD232? Does it see audio interfaces? Or better yet, with th SP 2400 drops, people can use that as a controller if they wanted.


Best controller for the software with the most superfluous feature set :D
By CharlesRandolph Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:21 pm
More SP1200 clones on their way. :lol: Why don't these guys just make their own machine. It's like Star Wars Fans who spend thousands making a Star Wars Fan Flick, instead of putting out their own ideas. :WTF: I ordered the SP2400 just because, I like how ISLA move and they just make it happen, plus it's more of continuous of the SP1200. Which I was never a fan of due to certain limitations.


User avatar
By peterpiper Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:03 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:More SP1200 clones on their way. :lol: Why don't these guys just make their own machine. It's like Star Wars Fans who spend thousands making a Star Wars Fan Flick, instead of putting out their own ideas. :WTF:


Why are manufactors building synths with the same old substractive synthesis and moog-like filters and doesn't make something new?
Why do people use the same old 808-like kick? Or even better question: why do most people still make music in 4/4 and doesn't create their own time signature?


peace
By CharlesRandolph Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:01 pm
peterpiper wrote:Why are manufactors building synths with the same old substractive synthesis and moog-like filters and doesn't make something new?


Because they lack of innovative ideas.

peterpiper wrote:Why do people use the same old 808-like kick?

Perhaps they fail to experiment with other sounds. Lack of innovations.

peterpiper wrote:Or even better question: why do most people still make music in 4/4 and doesn't create their own time signature?
4/4 is common time, however the creator has a choice to use many other time complex time signatures. They could, used mixed meters and various tempo changes, which gives give irregular rhythmic touch as well changes the pulse of the songs. Unfortunately, we don't hear Septuple or Quintuple meter in popular music as often.

Hence, failure to innovate because they don't want to educate the listener.


However I did say this as well: I ordered the SP2400 just because, I like how ISLA move and they just make it happen, plus it's more of continuous of the SP1200. Which I was never a fan of due to certain limitations.
User avatar
By Lampdog Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:37 pm


Every other 4 words out of his mouth are ""um, um, uhh, uhh". He can't get through a complete sentence without doing this. I can't stand that this is happening to so many people lately.

WHY?

Can't listen to it.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:41 pm
Lampdog wrote:Every other 4 words out of his mouth are ""um, um, uhh, uhh". He can't get through a complete sentence without doing this. I can't stand that this is happening to so many people lately.

WHY?

Can't listen to it.


It's a learned habit from watching untrained people on videos, but he sounds nervous. I also find that most developers need a spokesperson. They are better at writing, then speaking. This is why many journalist, do not make good on camera reporters.
User avatar
By peterpiper Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:40 am
Yeah, there are only few people who have skills in both (teaching/enternaining AND really knowing deeply what they talking about). TBH I like have more respect for the latter ones. It might be hard to listen or watch but when I listen/watch I want knowledge in first place.

peace
User avatar
By inflict3 Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:15 am
I’m pretty stoked for that low hiss app on iOS, hope it’s mappable
User avatar
By fobedafied Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:27 am


delay in production units shipping until April-ish it seems... :? :cry:


I honestly think they need that time to beta test and get the OS tight anyway. :nod:


but he said he's doing another live stream with Ken Flux this evening regarding the 2400. :-D :popcorn:
User avatar
By fobedafied Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:38 am
fobedafied wrote:but he said he's doing another live stream with Ken Flux this evening regarding the 2400. :-D :popcorn:





been live for over an hour now at 6:38 PST. :popcorn: :mrgreen:


oh schnitzel! Flux with the Op Ivy shirt!!!!!!! :!: :mrgreen: :smoker: