Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By oldskl1 Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:44 pm
I'm just wondering if it's possible on the akai s1000?

What I mean is eg on the 2000xl if you set a note to 'MONO', if you re-trigger that note while it's playing it will play it from the start.

on the s1000 the only playback option that I see that plays the entire note is 'TO END'. But if you re-trigger the note while it's playing it won't play from the start the sound on that note will just overlap
By peterpiper Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:26 pm
I don't own the 1000 but from a quick read in the manual I would go to the OUT page and set the monoout from OFF to a number to specify the output channel. But I don't know if this setting isets the out of a keygroup or the whole program.
BTW RTFM :)

peace
By oldskl1 Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:57 pm
peterpiper wrote:I don't own the 1000 but from a quick read in the manual I would go to the OUT page and set the monoout from OFF to a number to specify the output channel. But I don't know if this setting isets the out of a keygroup or the whole program.
BTW RTFM :)

peace

hey no unfortunately that just assigns the output of that note to whichever 8 output is chosen
By peterpiper Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:27 pm
so the individual outputs are polyphonic?
on the s900/s950 the outputs are monophonic so when I set a bunch of keygroups to the same output they will cut eachother.
You might need to actually connect the individual output to your mixer/amp to hear it cause I just saw that the 1000 doesn't have a 'mix out'.

peace
Last edited by peterpiper on Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By oldskl1 Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:31 pm
i've figured it out

will leave thread here incase someone from the future has the same question

go into the midi section of your program

set the polophony to '1'. This will mean only 1 sound can play in that program at once.
By Lampdog Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:13 pm
oldskl1 wrote:i've figured it out

will leave thread here incase someone from the future has the same question

go into the midi section of your program

set the polophony to '1'. This will mean only 1 sound can play in that program at once.

I was gonna suggest program to mono and/or was gonna ask if there was a polyphony setting.
I've never had an S1000 but lots of diff gear have that polyphony setting.

mpc 4k does.