Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By hi-entropy Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:16 pm
So I've got my SCSI2SD drive working but its only recognised by the ASR-X when its powered by USB. I paid a dude to solder a cable from a 4 pin floppy drive to a standard drive 4 pin. When I turn on the unit the SCSI2SD has a dimly lit amber light on but no devices are recognised. If I boot up with the usb connected all 4 devices are found.

Am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated as its been a long time getting the drive, then the cables then getting the software sorted out on drive...
By tapedeck Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:39 pm
sounds like your dude maybe made the connector wrong. it's really not too hard, you might could fix it yourself, especially if the cables are just switched.
do you have a voltmeter to figure out where to get the correct power from? want to share some pictures or where the cables all connect?
By hi-entropy Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:13 am
hey tapedeck,

i checked the cable but as per the molex standard its just red to red (5v), black to black (ground) x2 and yellow to yellow (12v).

when i came home and it didnt work I read up and discovered you were supposed to remove the 12v cable entirely so I did that but still the same result - works with usb power doesnt work with this.

ill take some photos soon in case they help.