Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Dextbot Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:03 pm
Hi!

I have an old used Akai S2000 that's been gathering dust for a while because it just won't work properly. When I go to turn it on the display lights up, but nothing else shows. No LEDs, no floppy drive, no text, nothing. When I got it, it used to do this every so often but after leaving it for a while it would start working again. Now it just doesn't work at all; it's been like this for nearly a year now.

I did read the S1000 series had some problems with its power supply with the same symptom occuring; is that what's going on? Do I have to get a certain PSU to get my S2000 working again? :WTF:
By terry towelling Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:46 am
rebuilding the power supply is easy, and because it's a separate, discrete unit, there is little risk of damaging anything else in the machine.
either do it yourself if you have a soldering iron or take it too the nearest electronic repair dude in your neighbourhood. basically, the capacitors just need to be replaced.