Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By mr_debauch Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:28 am
i think things like the RD-8 are about an experience... there is no lack of ways to get 808 in your music, i guess this product is more about doing it. It will sell pretty well i bet, and if there is a 909 clone released, that will do well too. would be nice to get a drumatix to go with the 303.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:28 pm
For me, the experience is in creating the music. I purchase gear for the sounds and if I have something that can already produce said sound, I get something else. However, I do understand the continued education, hobby aspect, and the dreaded fear of missing out.

But if one searches for an unique experience, I say buy something where the workflow, hasn't been cloned to death. :nod: I'm only saying this, because the OP can't make their mind up, on which one to buy. Which typically means, they don't need it.

mr_debauch wrote:i think things like the RD-8 are about an experience... there is no lack of ways to get 808 in your music, i guess this product is more about doing it. It will sell pretty well i bet, and if there is a 909 clone released, that will do well too. would be nice to get a drumatix to go with the 303.
By Lampdog Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:04 pm
joeyparedes15 wrote:should I get the tr 8 or just a rd 808??? I'm stuck in between :?:

TR8s!!
By joeyparedes15 Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:03 am
Lampdog wrote:
joeyparedes15 wrote:should I get the tr 8 or just a rd 808??? I'm stuck in between :?:

TR8s!!

thank you lol i agree!!! :)
By Lampdog Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:30 am
I have a real tr-808 so no need for me to get this.
If I didn't, TR8s for sure.
By mr_debauch Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:46 pm
i would for sure get the rd-8 over the tr8, but before doing any of that... i would try and figure out the difference between all the different versions of arturia drum machines (the drum brute, the impact, and i think there is another model)