Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By joeyparedes15 Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:12 pm
how many of you will be picking one up? What are your guy's thoughts on the RD-8?

By distortedtekno Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:07 pm
I just preordered the Odyssey a few days ago. I also bought a TR-8S early in the year. But I still wanna check it out. If I like it better than Roland’s ACB modeling of the 808, then I might buy one at some point if it’s really that good.
By Cockdiesel Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:03 pm
Haven’t checked yet but this might be cheaper than the Roland mini 808, plus a lot more features. The Roland was fun little box but I just sampled it and sold it.

If your in need of a stand-alone drum machine this is definitely worth checking out.

Wonder if the filters can be controlled over midi.
By mr_debauch Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:10 am
and the roland is emulation.... no?
By Cockdiesel Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:40 am
Yes their patented “acb” technology. I never owned the originals but I used the ju-06, sh01 and the tr-8. They were fun and cheap but they got stale pretty quick. Like the sh01 the best but all still had a digital feel to me with the sound. Like cheapish digital at times. However I wasn’t as impressed with the behringer model d when compared the raw sound to a moog mother-32. There’s a certain presence that isn’t emulated well digital or analog cloned. Many would disagree with me but that’s my 2 cents.
By CharlesRandolph Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:44 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Yes their patented “acb” technology. I never owned the originals but I used the ju-06, sh01 and the tr-8. They were fun and cheap but they got stale pretty quick. Like the sh01 the best but all still had a digital feel to me with the sound. Like cheapish digital at times. However I wasn’t as impressed with the behringer model d when compared the raw sound to a moog mother-32. There’s a certain presence that isn’t emulated well digital or analog cloned. Many would disagree with me but that’s my 2 cents.

I felt the same, until I passed it them through an analoge compressor/eq. Which helped to beef up the sound. It really helped round out the sharpness of the sound.
By mr_debauch Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:01 pm
hey, i have been seeing people trying to trade or switch back from the TR-8S to the TR-8 .. people are saying the original sounds better or something like that.
By distortedtekno Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:11 pm
mr_debauch wrote:hey, i have been seeing people trying to trade or switch back from the TR-8S to the TR-8 .. people are saying the original sounds better or something like that.

Hell no. :lol: The TR-8S has some of the TR-8 models of the 808 and 909 onboard and they don’t sound as good to me.
By joeyparedes15 Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:44 pm
distortedtekno wrote:Yeah it’s gonna be $349. The TR-08 is going for $379.

its a steal and I've heard it sounds better than Rolands TR-08
By justineastwick Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:45 am
I want to get one. I was thinking about getting the TR-8, but I think this might be cool. Behringer has been on my radar since I bought the Eurorack Pro RX1602.
By joeyparedes15 Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:36 am
justineastwick wrote:I want to get one. I was thinking about getting the TR-8, but I think this might be cool. Behringer has been on my radar since I bought the Eurorack Pro RX1602.

it'll definitely be a great pick up!
By justineastwick Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:41 pm
joeyparedes15 wrote:
justineastwick wrote:I want to get one. I was thinking about getting the TR-8, but I think this might be cool. Behringer has been on my radar since I bought the Eurorack Pro RX1602.

it'll definitely be a great pick up!

Are they selling them already? I don't see them on Amazon. I just added a DEEPMIND 12D and NEUTRON to my Amazon wish list this morning.