Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By joeyparedes15 Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:40 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:Though I am a Roland fanatic, this Behringer looks DOPE!!!!

I've heard behringer has really been coming up!
By Fre$hBreath Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:59 pm
I have the Behringer RD-8 and here's my findings thus far:

The immediate thing I noticed was the build quality is excellent. This is especially evident compared to my Roland TR-8 which is a lightweight cheap plastic build. The Behringer just feels nice and it looks great.

This 808 clone has PUNCH! The kick has mad weight and the snare has a snappy impact, and high hats are crispy. I've only had the RD-8 for 2 days so I haven't had a chance to feed it to my console or any of my outboard gear yet as I've connected it directly into my Apollo 8 via my patchbay, but it sounds great on its own.

Due to time constraints I haven't read the manual so I haven't learned certain things yet, but so far I'm very confident that I will be using the RD-8 for decades to come...
By CharlesRandolph Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:44 pm
Questions, why get the Behringer RD-8 and the Roland TR-8, when they serve the same exact functions and sound almost identical? I've played around with both of them and to me it was a either or thing. I found absolutely no advantages.

I would recommend getting the VSTi or find the TR 808 sound set online and load it into the MPC. Then use the MPC's effects to tweak it. The only pro's that I found was the price, compared to the current retro pricing of the OG TR-808.

Fre$hBreath wrote:I have the Behringer RD-8 and here's my findings thus far:

The immediate thing I noticed was the build quality is excellent. This is especially evident compared to my Roland TR-8 which is a lightweight cheap plastic build. The Behringer just feels nice and it looks great.

This 808 clone has PUNCH! The kick has mad weight and the snare has a snappy impact, and high hats are crispy. I've only had the RD-8 for 2 days so I haven't had a chance to feed it to my console or any of my outboard gear yet as I've connected it directly into my Apollo 8 via my patchbay, but it sounds great on its own.

Due to time constraints I haven't read the manual so I haven't learned certain things yet, but so far I'm very confident that I will be using the RD-8 for decades to come...
By Fre$hBreath Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:01 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Questions, why get the Behringer RD-8 and the Roland TR-8, when they serve the same exact functions and sound almost identical? I've played around with both of them and to me it was a either or thing. I found absolutely no advantages.

I would recommend getting the VSTi or find the TR 808 sound set online and load it into the MPC. Then use the MPC's effects to tweak it. The only pro's that I found was the price, compared to the current retro pricing of the OG TR-808.

Fre$hBreath wrote:I have the Behringer RD-8 and here's my findings thus far:

Due to time constraints, I haven't read the manual so I haven't learned certain things yet, but so far I'm very confident that I will be using the RD-8 for decades to come...

I'm sorry your experience wasn't as rewarding, I'm not selling my TR-8. Aside from it having the TR-808 sounds, it also has the kits from the TR-909, TR-707, TR-727.

There's also a factor of having tactile feel because I like to do certain things while tracking a beat and there are advantages for me as I have a modified Tascam M2600 MK2 and a modest collection of analog outboard gear that I use alongside my Universal Audio Apollo system which I track my incoming signals in unison mode, so for me I find plenty of advantages especially when the Behringer has multiple outputs.
By CharlesRandolph Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:14 pm
I'm not saying sale it, I saying the purpose of them are limited and redundant. You said it yourself, "Due to time constraints, I haven't read the manual". If you've haven't done that, how much time do have time to create music?

Most of Roland's TR series drum machines, are all pretty much the same sounds. One may have Latin drums, the other some modified rock kit. :lol: All those samples are available, just load them into your sampler.

Fre$hBreath wrote:I'm sorry your experience wasn't as rewarding, I'm not selling my TR-8. Aside from it having the TR-808 sounds, it also has the kits from the TR-909, TR-707, TR-727.

There's also a factor of having tactile feel because I like to do certain things while tracking a beat and there are advantages for me as I have a modified Tascam M2600 MK2 and a modest collection of analog outboard gear that I use alongside my Universal Audio Apollo system which I track my incoming signals in unison mode, so for me I find plenty of advantages especially when the Behringer has multiple outputs.
By Fre$hBreath Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:13 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:I'm not saying sale it, I saying the purpose of them are limited and redundant. You said it yourself, "Due to time constraints, I haven't read the manual". If you've haven't done that, how much time do have time to create music?

Most of Roland's TR series drum machines, are all pretty much the same sounds. One may have Latin drums, the other some modified rock kit. :lol: All those samples are available, just load them into your sampler.

Fre$hBreath wrote:I'm sorry your experience wasn't as rewarding, I'm not selling my TR-8. Aside from it having the TR-808 sounds, it also has the kits from the TR-909, TR-707, TR-727.

Dude I literally got my RD-8 on Thursday and like most people I have a life and responsibilities. I will have a chance to read the manual and watch a few Youtube videos soon enough. All I was commenting on was the build and the sound quality. I have a particular process which is not redundant for me and my uses. I like the way the RD-8 sounds and it feels great, and I know how I'm going to use it and that's all that matters to me...
By CharlesRandolph Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:56 pm
So you watch videos and read the manual after you buy the machine? I'm selling 50% ownership in the Brooklyn bridge as well. :lol: As far as the sounds, it sounds like all the other generic TR 808 clones. It not breaking any new ground and it's still a redundant piece, especially if you own a MPC X.

Lot's of Clones. :lol:

Korg Volca Beats
TR-8
TR-8S
TR-08
RD-8
System80’s 808
Acidlab’s 808
YOCTO2
JoMoX XBASE 888

Fre$hBreath wrote:Dude I literally got my RD-8 on Thursday and like most people I have a life and responsibilities. I will have a chance to read the manual and watch a few Youtube videos soon enough. All I was commenting on was the build and the sound quality. I have a particular process which is not redundant for me and my uses. I like the way the RD-8 sounds and it feels great, and I know how I'm going to use it and that's all that matters to me...
By Fre$hBreath Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:25 pm
Oh I get it, you're being a troll. Have fun with yourself, I'm gonna continue with what I'm doing and enjoy making my music my new RD-8...
By CharlesRandolph Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:39 pm
Fre$hBreath wrote:Oh I get it, you're being a troll. Have fun with yourself, I'm gonna continue with what I'm doing and enjoy making my music my new RD-8...

It's not a troll. You have any examples of what your current setup is producing?
By Fre$hBreath Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:33 pm
For anyone interested in learning the RD-8 I found some cool and entertaining tutorial videos:

By joeyparedes15 Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:16 am
I'm going to buy one or the other this weekend.... should I get the tr 8 or just a rd 808??? I'm stuck in between :?:
By mr_debauch Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:07 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:What machine produced this TR 808 loop?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tFi56G ... sp=sharing

TS-808 vsti
VR-08 vsti
MPC LIVE
MPC 2000
ASR X
MPC 2000XL
RD-8
MPC 4000
FL STUDIOS
TR 808
TS-808 vsti
VR-08 vsti

all of them. the google drive compression makes it hard to distinguish the nuance.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:43 am
mr_debauch wrote:all of them. the google drive compression makes it hard to distinguish the nuance.

Exactly, but if the machines has a very distinctive sound. It should be easy to tell the difference. Also, you can download it the file. It's a WAV @ 16 bit 44.1 with no processing. Give it try! I tell you one thing, I couldn't tell.