Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Cockdiesel Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:52 am
Behringer is set to release the cs80, ob-xa, and arp 2600 clones in the next year....

On top of their home brew stuff and prolly using that money to innovate on every other front. Literally the borg, cut throat capitalism making use of slave labor In Communist China. Don’t get it twisted though. China is far more capitalist than America. No food stamps, welfare etc. just top down centralized control. A crime against humanity but in a different way than we see in the consumer surveillance capitalism we see in the US.

As the world pivots East expect more companies will seek to dominate robber baron style through globalism. God or bad don’t matter, you can only deal with the reality that is there.

Sorry for the political stuff, but hopefully it can serve as food for thought as the world changes and maybe you can find opportunities to better your situation.

I’m principled but agnostic when it comes to the demagogues they let us vote for or any “political” party.
By Fre$hBreath Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:22 pm
Behringer is the best music tech developer in the world right now. The things they are doing with synthesizers and audio processing gear says it alone. They are bringing us quality at a fraction of the cost. I can't wait until they announce whatever samplers they are developing...
By mr_debauch Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:35 am
i look at it like they are cleaning up the music gear industry... companies won't be able to ride the coat tails of their 30 year old hit products as easily anymore... time for them to smarten the **** up and get back to work. break time is over. korg seems like the only one who gets it and even they aren't safe. behringer should put out a couple dozen different pocket operators for 15 bucks a pop next.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:40 am
Fre$hBreath wrote:Behringer is the best music tech developer in the world right now. The things they are doing with synthesizers and audio processing gear says it alone. They are bringing us quality at a fraction of the cost. I can't wait until they announce whatever samplers they are developing...

They are far from the best music tech developer in the world. They're producing lots of low end items but if that same synth was $4000 instead of $400, would you buy it? Let's see how many adopt the Behringer WING which is $3500.

mr_debauch wrote:i look at it like they are cleaning up the music gear industry... companies won't be able to ride the coat tails of their 30 year old hit products as easily anymore... time for them to smarten the **** up and get back to work. break time is over. korg seems like the only one who gets it and even they aren't safe. behringer should put out a couple dozen different pocket operators for 15 bucks a pop next.

They are definitely lowering the second hand market prices.
By Fre$hBreath Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:24 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Fre$hBreath wrote:Behringer is the best music tech developer in the world right now. The things they are doing with synthesizers and audio processing gear says it alone. They are bringing us quality at a fraction of the cost. I can't wait until they announce whatever samplers they are developing...

They are far from the best music tech developer in the world. They're producing lots of low end items but if that same synth was $4000 instead of $400, would you buy it? Let's see how many adopt the Behringer WING which is $3500.

mr_debauch wrote:i look at it like they are cleaning up the music gear industry... companies won't be able to ride the coat tails of their 30 year old hit products as easily anymore... time for them to smarten the **** up and get back to work. break time is over. korg seems like the only one who gets it and even they aren't safe. behringer should put out a couple dozen different pocket operators for 15 bucks a pop next.

They are definitely lowering the second hand market prices.

I don't agree with you about the quality of Behringer's synths and outboard gear. Maybe you're heavy-handed with your gear, maybe I'm too delicate, I say Behringer is the best because they are giving the people what they want while Roland, Yamaha, and sometimes Korg ignore the synth community, now they are stepping into the modular arena which will bring about more excitement. My Behringer gear works, sounds great and all have a good build. I've had no problems with any of my Behringer products. As for Wing, I can't speak on that yet, but I suspect I will eventually find out in the not so distant future...
By CharlesRandolph Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:07 am
But there are way more companies that are innovating. Moog. Auturia, Waldorf, Dave Smith. Elektron, Access, DreadBox, Basti, Critter, Guitari and more. Have you messed around with MacBeth Elements synthesizer it's amazing and their independent.

Behringer are making cool, low cost, entry level gear, but they are far from the best music manufacturer in the world. Now let's remove price (high and low) from the scenario and go sheerly on capabilities. Then you will find a lot more companies who are pushing the envelop.

As far as the quality, only time will tell how Behringer holds up. I'm not against Behringer, but I know there are many more companies. As far as for me, I look for gear, that gives unique sounds with their own unique flavor. I'm talking about a real noticeable difference in sound, kinda of like the taste/smell of chocolate and Jalapeno.
Fre$hBreath wrote:I don't agree with you about the quality of Behringer's synths and outboard gear. Maybe you're heavy-handed with your gear, maybe I'm too delicate, I say Behringer is the best because they are giving the people what they want while Roland, Yamaha, and sometimes Korg ignore the synth community, now they are stepping into the modular arena which will bring about more excitement. My Behringer gear works, sounds great and all have a good build. I've had no problems with any of my Behringer products. As for Wing, I can't speak on that yet, but I suspect I will eventually find out in the not so distant future...
By mr_debauch Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:43 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:Behringer are making cool, low cost, entry level gear, but they are far from the best music manufacturer in the world. Now let's remove price (high and low) from the scenario and go sheerly on capabilities. Then you will find a lot more companies who are pushing the envelop.

The thing is, those pieces were already cool before behringer made them... they are entry level because of the price... not because they are limited intentionally so novices can wrap their heads around them...

these days i notice a lot of electronic guys playing out at bars with groove boxes and equipment... live sequencing etc... this definitely helps that. those guys are talented but probably not spending 4 grand on a moog model D to lug out to a bar. where i live the korg odyssey is 1300 and the behringer oddysey is 800 brand new in stores.... now companies have to have that thought in the back of their mind when they put out gear. I am curious to see what that affect on the market boils down to in years to come. If it makes roland do any god damn thing different it is a positive thing in my book.
By Fre$hBreath Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:42 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:But there are way more companies that are innovating. Moog. Auturia, Waldorf, Dave Smith. Elektron, Access, DreadBox, Basti, Critter, Guitari and more. Have you messed around with MacBeth Elements synthesizer it's amazing and their independent.

Behringer are making cool, low cost, entry level gear, but they are far from the best music manufacturer in the world. Now let's remove price (high and low) from the scenario and go sheerly on capabilities. Then you will find a lot more companies who are pushing the envelop.

As far as the quality, only time will tell how Behringer holds up. I'm not against Behringer, but I know there are many more companies. As far as for me, I look for gear, that gives unique sounds with their own unique flavor. I'm talking about a real noticeable difference in sound, kinda of like the taste/smell of chocolate and Jalapeno.
Fre$hBreath wrote:I don't agree with you about the quality of Behringer's synths and outboard gear. Maybe you're heavy-handed with your gear, maybe I'm too delicate, I say Behringer is the best because they are giving the people what they want while Roland, Yamaha, and sometimes Korg ignore the synth community, now they are stepping into the modular arena which will bring about more excitement. My Behringer gear works, sounds great and all have a good build. I've had no problems with any of my Behringer products. As for Wing, I can't speak on that yet, but I suspect I will eventually find out in the not so distant future...

There's nothing entry-level about the products Behringer is bringing us, they are giving the people what they want.

Not to take anything away from those brands you mentioned, especially since I very recently purchased Moog's Mother-32 and DFAM and I own several Arturia Products they do not necessarily rank the best to me because those products are additive rather than what people want.

Once again Behringer is giving the people what they want.

How many decades have Roland, Korg, and Yamaha fans have made numerous requests asking these brands to reissue their classic products?

Uli Behringer a keyboardist himself has made it very clear that he is a great fan of the original synths and drum machines that his brand is cloning.

He's one of us, it's why he's partnering with the very people who designed these synths to verify these clones and design new products under the Behringer banner.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:55 am
mr_debauch wrote:The thing is, those pieces were already cool before behringer made them... they are entry level because of the price...not because they are limited intentionally so novices can wrap their heads around them...

Yes. 100%

mr_debauch wrote:these days i notice a lot of electronic guys playing out at bars with groove boxes and equipment... live sequencing etc... this definitely helps that. those guys are talented but probably not spending 4 grand on a moog model D to lug out to a bar. where i live the korg odyssey is 1300 and the behringer oddysey is 800 brand new in stores.... now companies have to have that thought in the back of their mind when they put out gear. I am curious to see what that affect on the market boils down to in years to come. If it makes roland do any god damn thing different it is a positive thing in my book.

I agree. However as you know the synth market, have tons of Indie teams that are pushing the innovation.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:06 am
Fre$hBreath wrote:There's nothing entry-level about the products Behringer is bringing us, they are giving the people what they want.

The price is entry-level.

Fre$hBreath wrote:Not to take anything away from those brands you mentioned, especially since I very recently purchased Moog's Mother-32 and DFAM and I own several Arturia Products they do not necessarily rank the best to me because those products are additive rather than what people want.

Once again Behringer is giving the people what they want. How many decades have Roland, Korg, and Yamaha fans have made numerous requests asking these brands to reissue their classic products? Uli Behringer a keyboardist himself has made it very clear that he is a great fan of the original synths and drum machines that his brand is cloning.

He's one of us, it's why he's partnering with the very people who designed these synths to verify these clones and design new products under the Behringer banner.

Behringer is a big time manufacturer with a huge overhead. So they have to put out lots of gear at low prices to survive. They are basically the Walmart for synth gear. Lots of small gear, usable but not at the highest quality. There is no way they could make gear and sell it at that price without cutting corners.

I go to events like Synthplex, SynthFest, Knob Con, Tokyo Festival of Modular, Winter NAMM, Modular Day and I see, touch, listen, and learn from the programmers, designers, and engineers. But I'm looking for truly unique gear, with unique sounds that can't be bought at Guitar Center or Sam Ash.
By Lampdog Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:36 am
Fre$hBreath wrote:Behringer is the best music tech developer in the world right now...

This.

imo.

Nah.
By Fre$hBreath Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:54 am
Lampdog wrote:
Fre$hBreath wrote:Behringer is the best music tech developer in the world right now...

This.

imo.

Nah.

They are giving the people what they want...