Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Fre$hBreath Thu May 14, 2020 5:41 pm

peterpiper wrote::lol: :lol: The marketing peeps at behringer know how it works:

12bit button.

All buttons and positions makes sense (more or less). That 12bit button......in the middle of the device????

Don't even need to put my Roddy Piper sunglass on here.

peace

That 12-Bit button is based on the SP-1200 sound. Behringer owns CoolAudio which made the original SP-1200 chips...
By peterpiper Thu May 14, 2020 9:16 pm
:hmmm: As if I couldn't guess what that button mean.

I would find it very strange if they wouldn't implement such a feature. It's just.....

....I guess there are many features in this machine were a dedicated button makes much more sense but they choose to make a button for 12bit. And the positioning of that button is not that logical to me (from a beatmaking point of view. From a marketing point of view, yes that makes sense. It stands out at this position and with the free space around)

peace
By NearTao Thu May 14, 2020 9:23 pm
The dopest Behringer retro sampler replacement needs
* Wow
* Flutter
* 8-bit mode
* 12-bit mode
* Sampling Frequency Selection
* Busted Caps simulation
* Filter Simulation (None, Low Pass Only, etc...)
* Mono Out
* Poor timing
* Sort of decent automatic loop point detection
* 23'ish second (mono) sample time restriction
* USB Floppy drive and Zip drive compatibility mode
* SCSI Support to load old sample libraries
* ak.sys compatibility mode
* simulated ground hum
* simulated tape crinkle
* simulated record noise

But the most important thing
* Built in microphone
* Built in speaker
By Fre$hBreath Wed May 20, 2020 10:45 pm
Nobody is beating Behringer right now, nobody...

They are giving the people what we want...
By Fre$hBreath Tue May 26, 2020 5:58 am
In all seriousness, Behringer needs to slow the f u c k down with all these new synthesizers, I'm running out of physical space for all these synths.
By peterpiper Tue May 26, 2020 1:14 pm
Well as long as you don't run out of health and money everything is fine :) Running out of pysical space can be solved with money.
Wasn't it Quincy Jones who said reverb devices are for people who don't have the real room/hall? :)

peace
By Monotremata Sun May 31, 2020 5:20 pm
Fre$hBreath wrote:That 12-Bit button is based on the SP-1200 sound. Behringer owns CoolAudio which made the original SP-1200 chips...

No no no.. Cool Audio didn't make shit for anything EMU made, they didn't even exist until about 15 years or so ago. Cool Audio is another Behringer label that's doing the exact same thing Behringer does, but with old ICs. They're just new Chinese knock offs. They even pissed off the Curtis family and the SSM folks so they both jumped back in the game themselves.
By Fre$hBreath Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:43 am

For reel to reel, the Behringer DeepMind 12D is a whole BEAST!!!! The more I use this joint, the more I get mad at myself for not jumping on this immediately. I LOVE this bad boy! Hands down one of the very best synthesizers out today! A whole f u c king BEAST!!!!