Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Monotremata Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:19 am
Man we need a full review of that thing! I want one bad after listening to some demos of it but Im trying to hold out for the Mono Poly. The Cat sounds so heavy and brutal though!!!!
By Fre$hBreath Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:12 pm
Monotremata wrote:Man we need a full review of that thing! I want one bad after listening to some demos of it but Im trying to hold out for the Mono Poly. The Cat sounds so heavy and brutal though!!!!

Don’t doubt, it’s a great synth. Checkout the 3 video reviews I posted in this thread if you need to, but Behringer nailed it as they always do...
By Fre$hBreath Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:05 pm
I debated back and forth before making this comment here, but I thought about and I think this does belong here for the purpose this is being used for.

So very recently I obtained the Behringer X32 Rack so I can expand the number of inputs and track all of my hardware synthesizers. I own 10 Behringer analog synthesizers alone as well as others so as you can imagine, I've run out inputs and space in my home studio.

I knew that the Behringer X32 and X32 Rack had a cult following among keyboardists and drummers because of the Midas designed preamps which I've never experienced before, but I decided to give the X32 a try because my Behringer synthesizers sound great so why not give it a go, especially since I'm renovating my home studio and I can use all the space I can get.

Man, let me tell you, the X32 is a whole f u c king BEAST!!!

Everything I patch into it feels punchy and sounds big and clean, yet strangely warm.

I was not expecting this and I now understand why so many of my friends here in Seattle who own the X32 Rack love it so much.

Why was I sleeping on this????

The biggest surprise about the X32 is the analog emulations and how incredible they make my analog and digital synths sound when coupled with the onboard analog emulations. I'm also blown away by how then make my virtual synthesizers sound when I route them to the X32. I'm just in awe by this thing and can't imagine not passing all my synths, drum machines, and samplers through it when tracking to LUNA.

People talk a lot of crazy about Behringer, but they make great tools, and now I'm trying to decide if I want to get the S16 or S32 to expand my inputs even more.

Did I mention how good the MPC X sounds with this thing?

If you're in need of more inputs for tracking your hardware synthesizers and samplers and your audio interface is not enough, I strongly recommend this...

By Dmcghee Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:36 pm
I have to agree with you "Fre$hBreath" the X32 is a beast. I have all my synths, MPC 60MKll, MPC X and have the insert going thru a patchbay to use my outboard gear. With the MPC X in stand alone I mix and record to the X32 USB Thumb Drive Port. The MPC X in controller mode has 32 outputs through USB. I mix out of the box with x32 and my mixes sound more polish. I use the plugins in the X32, Plugins in Reason, Waves, Softube, Antelope and many other I see fit for the mix and Outboard gear. It may sound like a lot of work it really isn't. A Hybrid Studio is the best of both worlds analog and digital. I recommend the Behringer X32 to anyone that want a 32x32 audio interface that is a great mixer with a great pre-amps by Midas and great plugins. The X32 has a great sound that won't disappoint.
By Fre$hBreath Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:24 pm
Holy funking shiznit!

Behringer announced they are doing the ARP 2500!!!

They never cease to amaze, I need to buy a bigger house, where am I going to have room for all these synths? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Monotremata Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:33 pm
They're not going to get anywhere close to the actual sound of a PPG Wave using todays hardware. Ill stick with my two Waldorf's this time, those actually work and have Palm's blessing hehe.
By Fre$hBreath Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:10 pm
Monotremata wrote:They're not going to get anywhere close to the actual sound of a PPG Wave using todays hardware. Ill stick with my two Waldorf's this time, those actually work and have Palm's blessing hehe.

Being that Behringer hired some of the engineers who worked with Wolfgang, I think they are going to get a lot closer than you currently think. I'm also excited to see what Brainworx will come up with for their virtual version of Palm's creations now that they own the rights to the PPG brand...
By Fre$hBreath Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:51 am
bees80 wrote:That Brainworx plugin is available for purchase: https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... ausen.html

I've got the arturia Ob-X which also sounds pretty nice!

That PPG i am very curious about. I'd like to get a wavetable synth :)

Are you mixing up Wolfgang Palm and Tom Oberhiem?

Anyway, Behringer announced that the RD-6 is shipping to stores...

By Fre$hBreath Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:24 pm
bees80 wrote:
Fre$hBreath wrote:
Are you mixing up Wolfgang Palm and Tom Oberhiem?

Yep i did mix that up :)

It happens. :lol:

I'm really happy that the RD-6 is getting released, but...

Where's the RD-9????