Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Fre$hBreath Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:23 am
Behringer obviously has no intention of slowing down their development of classic synth and drum machine clones, It's also rumored a new sampler is coming too, so not to drive Tutor insane with numerous posts discussing Behringer products let's just consolidate and post everything that is Behringer here as news of their new announcements and videos of their new products roll out weekly.
By Fre$hBreath Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:45 am
A clone of EDP's WASP Deluxe is coming.

The WASP Deluxe is what Eurythmics used for their classic Sweet Dreams.

By Lampdog Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:10 pm
mr_debauch wrote:wait, they are actually making a wasp clone too?

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2019/11/20/behringer-wasp-deluxe-copies-70s-british-synthesizer-design/

Behringer originally teased their Wasp Deluxe clone in 2017, along with Korg MS-20 and Roland SH-101 clones, which have since been released, and ARP 2600, Octave The Cat & Synthi VCS 3 clones, which are still to come.
Described as ‘a faithful reproduction of the cult classic digital-analog hybrid synth’, the Behringer Wasp features two digital oscillators; an analog VCF with highpass, lowpass, notch, and bandpass modes; noise generator; an LFO with six selectable waveforms; and two envelope generators.
While it’s Eurorack compatible, the Behringer Wasp does not offer gate/CV control for integration with modular systems. Like the original, though, it does offer an audio input.
Features:
Two digital oscillators with three variable waveshapes — pulse, ramp, and enhanced mode
Pulse width modulation on OSC1
Variable pitch control on OSC2
Analog VCF with highpass, lowpass, notch, and bandpass modes and sweepable resonance
LFO with six selectable waveforms pitch and frequency mod controls
Two analog envelope generators with attack, decay, and sustain level controls
Eurorack compatible with an 80HP footprint
Combine with multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony with Poly Chain
USB-MIDI plus 5-pin DIN In and Thru
Glide (portamento)
External audio input
Low-output and high-output 1/4″ outs
3-year warranty
Pricing and Availability
The Behringer Wasp Deluxe is available for pre-order now at some online retailers, with a street price of about $300.
By CharlesRandolph Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:51 am
Cockdiesel wrote:Literally was just about to post this for ya.
It’s cool and all but I like the flavors of the the others ones a little more.
They sure are kicking these new products out,

They are nickle and diming people. Buy 5 different units and you spent $1500 for $150 more dollars someone could get the below MOOG pieces. Not to high jack the thread, just putting it out there.

Moog DFAM and Dual Mother32 Semi-Modular Eurorack Synthesizer System

or

Moog Subsequent 37 Analog Synthesizer. Just Saying. :lol:

or

Moog Grandmother Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer and Step Sequencer with DFAM and Mother-32.
By Cockdiesel Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:35 am
In a way. However, what if you always wanted of those synths and didn’t want to pay the upkeep and outrageous prices. I tried the model d, was fun and all but didn’t have the “magic” I thought it would. Perhaps it’s an exact clone and the model d is the most overpriced mono on the market, even then I took a 300 dollar gamble,

I feel you though on the multiple boxes thing, makes you obsess over the next thing, or dominate your thoughts trying to over come the seemingly intentional road blocks, requiring another box.

Theres a few angles to look at it. As with most.
By Cockdiesel Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:39 am
I think you have to know what your dealing with. Not paying attention to the stuff you buy and pulling a fomo is a bad cycle.

Model d felt like the cheap squire Stratocaster vs a vintage fender. Yea they both might be close and are both guitars but that last little bit is all the magic. There are very legit uses for these generic instruments, don’t get it twisted. However I’ll say it again. I’ll take one oscillator of the moog-32 over the three and knock off filter on the model d. Anyday. Give me more midi options like parameter controls over midi and maybe my opinion changes some.

I think this is great on behringer because other companies slacking will need to actually get competitive. I would way rather go a behringer clone than any of the roland boutiques.

These will get you most of the way, same work flow magic, and with some work you can can even excel beyond the vintage sounds with todays plethora of options.
By Fre$hBreath Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:44 am
A polyphonic version of the Model D?
A new version featuring 4 oscillators?
A patch memory expander?

By inflict3 Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:04 pm
What sampler they about to drop?
By Fre$hBreath Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:59 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:I think you have to know what your dealing with. Not paying attention to the stuff you buy and pulling a fomo is a bad cycle.

Model d felt like the cheap squire Stratocaster vs a vintage fender. Yea they both might be close and are both guitars but that last little bit is all the magic. There are very legit uses for these generic instruments, don’t get it twisted. However I’ll say it again. I’ll take one oscillator of the moog-32 over the three and knock off filter on the model d. Anyday. Give me more midi options like parameter controls over midi and maybe my opinion changes some.

I think this is great on behringer because other companies slacking will need to actually get competitive. I would way rather go a behringer clone than any of the roland boutiques.

These will get you most of the way, same work flow magic, and with some work you can can even excel beyond the vintage sounds with todays plethora of options.

The thing is they are not cheap knockoffs.

The reason Behringer can afford to sell their products at lower prices is because they own an entire manufacturing city in China and acquired the companies who make the analog filter chips, opamps, capacitors, and resistors that Roland, Yamaha, Korg, and Moog uses for their synths.

They completely cut out the middle man, therefore cutting the costs to us the prosumer. Your Moog Mother32, Matriarch, and Grandmother got Behringer chips inside. Like most of your digital cameras have Sony sensors...