Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Fre$hBreath Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:37 am
Is it me or is the writer of this article just looking for an excuse to b!tch about Behringer? I mean who really cares if we lose an octave of keys when you can push the transpose button?https://www.musicradar.com/news/behringers-polyeight-synth-goes-beyond-the-korg-polysix-with-two-more-voices-but-loses-an-octave-of-keys

By Fre$hBreath Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:54 am
Lampdog wrote:That wouldn't bother me at all. Not a big deal.

It made no sense for the writer to even mention that, let alone make that a part of their headline. These music technology bloggers are some weirdos. I'm just excited to hear what it's going to sound like and trying to figure out how I'm going to make more room in my studio for it...
By Ultros Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:24 am
Fre$hBreath wrote:These music technology bloggers are some weirdos.

People will literally find any reason to complain.
By terry towelling Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:21 am
Fre$hBreath wrote:
Lampdog wrote:That wouldn't bother me at all. Not a big deal.

It made no sense for the writer to even mention that, let alone make that a part of their headline. These music technology bloggers are some weirdos. I'm just excited to hear what it's going to sound like and trying to figure out how I'm going to make more room in my studio for it...

wow -- you're super paranoid.
the article says, "two more voice than original, added midi, one less octave". that's just stating basic facts about the two machines. but somehow you see malicious intent in that?
By Fre$hBreath Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:57 pm
So this caught my attention...

and of course this...

and this...

and this...

and this...

By Danoc Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:47 am
Behr seems like they are doing their thing and making good money. They just keep popping up with new gear like its nothing.

They must have a hellava tech team.
By Fre$hBreath Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:33 am
Danoc wrote:Behr seems like they are doing their thing and making good money. They just keep popping up with new gear like its nothing.

They must have a hellava tech team.

I think Uli Behringer has set a very aggressive agenda in hiring and recruiting engineers, product designers, and beta testers for their product lines. From what I've read on one of these blogs Behringer has plans for the development of 50 synthesizers and samplers over the next few years.

It doesn't hurt that they own a pair of manufacturing cities and have a sweet business arrangement with the Chinese government which some people falsely claimed as slave labor and other human rights crimes.

As for these recent announcements here are my immediate thoughts:

RD-8 MKII: When I first saw the video of the new RD-8 MKII my immediate reaction was:

Why?

Well, because I already own what I guess is now called the RD-8 MKI, and although it sounds incredibly close to an old-school classic TR-808, I still coveted the new updated version knowing that they got it closer. There's also the fact that the MKII firmware is going to be superior to the MKI, and those black buttons make the new version look better. So there's a strong chance that I might buy the MKII even though I technically don't really need it.

I need help.

The RD-9: I'm getting it.

The UB-Xa: I want it but I have no physical space for it.

Brains: I gave up on building my 6x6 modular system so I can create my mini art studio, so that's a no.

The LMDrum: There's a part of me that is curious about it, but I don't think I will buy it, even though I could make space for it by removing my Casio RZ-1 which isn't really getting much use these days, but with my S2400 on the way, do I really need a hybrid 8-Bit/12-Bit sampler with analog filtering in my studio?

*Watches this Youtube video*

When the LMDrum ends up in my home studio:

By Monotremata Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:59 pm
Summer NAMM in Nashville is when all the little pedal builders and whatnot put out their shit.. None of the 'big guys' really show at that one, they save it for the winter one.
By Fre$hBreath Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:56 am
Monotremata wrote:Summer NAMM in Nashville is when all the little pedal builders and whatnot put out their ****.. None of the 'big guys' really show at that one, they save it for the winter one.

I've never been to a NAMM, but I might go one year when all this covid stuff is sorted out...