Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Fre$hBreath Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:53 am
I was gonna get a Moog Mother 32, but after watching Starksy Carr's newest video, I'm getting the Behringer Crave instead...

By CharlesRandolph Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:16 am
Fre$hBreath wrote:
The thing is they are not cheap knockoffs.

The reason Behringer can afford to sell their products at lower prices is because they own an entire manufacturing city in China and acquired the companies who make the analog filter chips, opamps, capacitors, and resistors that Roland, Yamaha, Korg, and Moog uses for their synths.

Corrections, Behringer has partnered with the Chinese Government in a manufacturing city. No outside company owns, anything in China. Everything is a partnership with their Government. Sound to me like China is using Behringer, a German company, as a middle man, to get their products into the US.

Due to the US/China Trade war, Behringer, had to ramp up their product release schedule. Hence, the constant barrage of new equipment each week.
By Fre$hBreath Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:34 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Fre$hBreath wrote:
The thing is they are not cheap knockoffs.

The reason Behringer can afford to sell their products at lower prices is because they own an entire manufacturing city in China and acquired the companies who make the analog filter chips, opamps, capacitors, and resistors that Roland, Yamaha, Korg, and Moog uses for their synths.

Corrections, Behringer has partnered with the Chinese Government in a manufacturing city. No outside company owns, anything in China. Everything is a partnership with their Government. Sound to me like China is using Behringer, a German company, as a middle man, to get their products into the US.

Due to the US/China Trade war, Behringer, had to ramp up their product release schedule. Hence, the constant barrage of new equipment each week.

Do you have any legitimate trade news sources to back up your claim about Behringer being a partnership with the Chinese Government? Because I can't find any information to verify your comment...
By CharlesRandolph Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:38 pm
Fre$hBreath wrote:Do you have any legitimate trade news sources to back up your claim about Behringer being a partnership with the Chinese Government? Because I can't find any information to verify your comment...

This is common information when doing business in China. No company enters the Chinese market without a Chinese agent/partner along with government approval. Just search doing business in China.
By Lampdog Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:01 pm
Fre$hBreath wrote:Do you have any legitimate trade news sources to back up your claim about Behringer being a partnership with the Chinese Government? Because I can't find any information to verify your comment...

China has been this way forever. Your company can’t BE there if they don’t break bread with Government.
By mr_debauch Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:36 am
still nice that someone is putting in the legwork roland refused to do for all these years... roland can look to the future in every other product category (like keyboard arrangers and laser printers that do 48 inch wide paper) while someone else makes the roland gear people want.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:46 am
mr_debauch wrote:still nice that someone is putting in the legwork roland refused to do for all these years... roland can look to the future in every other product category (like keyboard arrangers and laser printers that do 48 inch wide paper) while someone else makes the roland gear people want.

This is true. Not sure how long it will last. Roland/Boss already sued them once. Also people are still bitter over the Behringer lawsuit. https://www.factmag.com/2018/06/20/behr ... ibel-case/

Also Roland filed this in Germany, this year. They are trying to stop Behringer Clone Move.
https://www.factmag.com/2019/02/06/rola ... rk-filing/
By Cockdiesel Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:36 am
Seems interesting but I’m finding some decent flaws with what I’m hearing.

First this is a weak attempt at a matriarch clone like the crave is to the mother 32... except with the moog you get quality tone on the oscillators, quality attached effects and quality all around really.

This thing displays what I didn’t like about the model d sound, the thin distortion prone sound with debatable quality on the analog “Juno chorus”, sorry bro but it sounded wack as ****.

I hate to sound so negative, I’m interested in this but into all impressions had me comparing to something far superior... I also had a model d and could see the drawbacks clear as day.
By Fre$hBreath Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:12 am
Cockdiesel wrote:Seems interesting but I’m finding some decent flaws with what I’m hearing.

First this is a weak attempt at a matriarch clone like the crave is to the mother 32... except with the moog you get quality tone on the oscillators, quality attached effects and quality all around really.

This thing displays what I didn’t like about the model d sound, the thin distortion prone sound with debatable quality on the analog “Juno chorus”, sorry bro but it sounded wack as ****.

I hate to sound so negative, I’m interested in this but into all impressions had me comparing to something far superior... I also had a model d and could see the drawbacks clear as day.

:lol: okaaaaaay....
By Cockdiesel Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:16 pm
Just saying my opinion. The thing is cool, but my first impressions weren’t the greatest. Sometimes opinions change, sometimes not.

The model d didn’t give me a “moog” feel. I liked the moog iPad app More than it.

I’m not trying to come off haterish, which I may, the thing is cool. I’m sure it won’t be priced like a matriarch but there’s some steep differences you get with the two.

Is it ok to say that thing is no moog?
By Fre$hBreath Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:49 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Just saying my opinion. The thing is cool, but my first impressions weren’t the greatest. Sometimes opinions change, sometimes not.

The model d didn’t give me a “moog” feel. I liked the moog iPad app More than it.

I’m not trying to come off haterish, which I may, the thing is cool. I’m sure it won’t be priced like a matriarch but there’s some steep differences you get with the two.

It's not a Moog, it's a Behringer, but they are doing the things that other developers refuse to do and expounding on the original designs. My friend Joe Doria (yes, thee Joe Doria) is the one who changed my skeptical mind on Behringer.

Joe has both the original Moog Minimoog Model D and the Behringer Model D and we did a side by side comparison and they sounded exactly the same. He no longer takes the Moog out on tour with him, because the Behringer gets the job done...

By CharlesRandolph Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:18 pm
The question is how long can they keep this up? The attention is definitely on Behringer right now. Is it because of quality or price cutting?

Cockdiesel wrote:Just saying my opinion. The thing is cool, but my first impressions weren’t the greatest. Sometimes opinions change, sometimes not.