Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By CharlesRandolph Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:21 pm
hellnegative wrote:My real beef with their clones is that they are just analog clones. They don't really add any functionality. If they added the ability to control parameters via Midi CC to these clones, they would be game changers. Otherwise, the current range of clones have both hardware clone and software clone counterparts that do the job just as well and sometimes better.

Most of the Synth I see do have MIDI in: Crave, Wasp Deluxe, CAT, DEEPMIND 12, K-2, PRO 1, ODYSSEY, VOCODER VC340, etc. Now since I don't own them, I don't know how many parameters can be controlled. Does, anyone here have a Behringer synth and what can be controlled via MIDI?
By Fre$hBreath Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:46 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
hellnegative wrote:My real beef with their clones is that they are just analog clones. They don't really add any functionality. If they added the ability to control parameters via Midi CC to these clones, they would be game changers. Otherwise, the current range of clones have both hardware clone and software clone counterparts that do the job just as well and sometimes better.

Most of the Synth I see do have MIDI in: Crave, Wasp Deluxe, CAT, DEEPMIND 12, K-2, PRO 1, ODYSSEY, VOCODER VC340, etc. Now since I don't own them, I don't know how many parameters can be controlled. Does, anyone here have a Behringer synth and what can be controlled via MIDI?

All the synths I own works on 16 channels which you have to assign using dip switches. I can control the pitch, modulation, and notes as with any other synth.

These clones are true to form, so depending on what the original synth they are based on the octave range varies. It's not like software versions of the original hardware which will allow you to go below or above the original's range. So if the original Moog only goest from c1 to c3 then the Behringer will match the limitation of the original's range.

The Behringer synths respond very well to the MPC X's MIDI note instructions, if you truncate the notes the Behringer doesn't get stuck and prolongs the notes which is a common issue I've had with my Arturia and sometimes my Moog synths.

Pitch bends are a lot of fun to do with the Model D when performing funk bass lines. I'm using the Akai Advance49 and it almost seems like a perfect fit for the Behringers because they are very responsive. The MPC X's pads are great too.

That is as much as I can tell you from my personal experience...
By hellnegative Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:53 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:

Currently, only the Deepmind is able to be controlled via Midi CC. The rest receive Note, Pitch, and Mod values only.
By Fre$hBreath Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:57 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Fre$hBreath wrote:Image

Awww shiznit, it's happening!!!

Every Sequential Circuits Prophet 600 Used scalper is mad. :popcorn:

Now that you mention that, I wonder if that's where most of the displaced anger and hate towards Behringer comes from? You know like how certain types of Maschine users hate Akai's prices for the MPC Live and MPC X? I mean Behringer creates high-quality tributes to the originals with newer and pristine well-built parts that haven't had 30+ years of dried out capacitors and resistors, caked-on dust, and cracking chips. So as much as you place value on the original being "vintage", it's still going to need to be repaired at some point costing the new buyer more money on top of the thousands they may have spent on their 2nd hand or 3rd hand "vintage" synth. A "Scalper" as you label them, probably will be mad, because they can't extort the would-be buyer for the overinflated prices we see on Reverb and eBay...
Last edited by Fre$hBreath on Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By hellnegative Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:34 pm
Fre$hBreath wrote:Image

Awww shiznit, it's happening!!!

Every Sequential Circuits Prophet 600 Used scalper is mad. :popcorn:[/quote]

Now that you mention that, I wonder if that's where most of the displaced anger and hate towards Behringer comes from? You know like how certain types of Maschine users hate Akai's prices for the MPC Live and MPC X? I mean Behringer creates high-quality tributes to the originals with newer and pristine well-built parts that haven't had 30+ years of dried out capacitors and resistors, caked-on dust, and cracking chips. So as much as you place value on the original being "vintage", it's still going to need to be repaired at some point costing the new buyer more money on top of the thousands they may have spent on their 2nd hand or 3rd hand "vintage" synth. A "Scalper" as you label them, probably will be mad, because they can't extort the would-be buyer for the overinflated the prices we see on Reverb and eBay...[/quote]

Thats actually a really good point. I do wonder how many hate posts on the clones are from owners of the vintage gear mad at themselves for paying hundreds to thousands of dollars to own the original.
By Fre$hBreath Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:37 pm

*Runs through post with scissors*

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

We're getting a LinnDrum clone!

Not just any LinnDrum but Tears for Fear's LinnDrum.

By hellnegative Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:55 pm
Fre$hBreath wrote:

*Runs through post with scissors*

We're getting a LinnDrum clone!

Not just any LinnDrum but Tears for Fear's LinnDrum.

That can be pretty exciting. TRIGGERS! All of the triggers! :-p
By CharlesRandolph Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:43 pm
Fre$hBreath wrote:
Now that you mention that, I wonder if that's where most of the displaced anger and hate towards Behringer comes from? You know like how certain types of Maschine users hate Akai's prices for the MPC Live and MPC X? I mean Behringer creates high-quality tributes to the originals with newer and pristine well-built parts that haven't had 30+ years of dried out capacitors and resistors, caked-on dust, and cracking chips.

So as much as you place value on the original being "vintage", it's still going to need to be repaired at some point costing the new buyer more money on top of the thousands they may have spent on their 2nd hand or 3rd hand "vintage" synth. A "Scalper" as you label them, probably will be mad, because they can't extort the would-be buyer for the overinflated prices we see on Reverb and eBay...

People do it all the time and that's why most reviews can't be trusted. Online scalpers who never even turned the machine on or know how to use. But want to value it at 2000K or like the SP1200 5k.

30+ years of dried out capacitors and resistors, caked-on dust, and cracking chips.

But it sounds so warm. :lol:
By CharlesRandolph Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:44 pm
peterpiper wrote:So the Solina String Ensemble clone is on the way too.

I love the sound of string ensembles.

Hey Uli, what about a Mellotron??? Or CMI?

peace

SP 1200 and MPC 3000. :nod: If the patent has ran out and the prices high for no reason. I think they're going to make it. :lol: