Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Lampdog Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:59 pm
hellnegative wrote:When I read the subject line of this thread, I really expected it to just be a clone of another thread.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Fre$hBreath Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:40 pm
https://www.facebook.com/behringer/post ... 3714638914

I gotta keep it 100, Behringer has a very tight social media game. Unlike other developers, they really know how to keep their fans engaged on a daily basis.

If it's not a new product announcement, overview or tutorial, it's the Behringer UK development team spotlighting the music of users of the products they designed and developed, or they are seeking user requests, or just having a straight-up conversation with you about music and the gear behind the music.

But they also share tidbits about Uli Behringer himself. Dude isn't the typical CEO of a music tech company he's a real musician with skills and an engineer with a real passion for the products he's bringing to us end users.

These other brands especially Akai could benefit a lot about improving their communication and gain a stronger following than they already have with their consumer base by increasing their social media engagement. I've become a very cynical old man with time, but Behringer is one of those very few brands I can say I actually like and trust based on their synths.

I respect their daily grind...
Bymember04959388 Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:15 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:In a way. However, what if you always wanted of those synths and didn’t want to pay the upkeep and outrageous prices. I tried the model d, was fun and all but didn’t have the “magic” I thought it would. Perhaps it’s an exact clone and the model d is the most overpriced mono on the market, even then I took a 300 dollar gamble,

I feel you though on the multiple boxes thing, makes you obsess over the next thing, or dominate your thoughts trying to over come the seemingly intentional road blocks, requiring another box.

Theres a few angles to look at it. As with most.

Of course it cannot have the magic, it's a cheap clone aimed at an audience of people who simply ignore that music has gone forward.
From the reviews I read on forums, it also seems they are buggy here and there, delivering times are delayed all the time and mr.B promotes them in any possible way, some not so fair.
What can I say?
They will flood the market with cheap clones and one day someone will start to clone the clones for even cheaper prices.
And at the end, the level will just stay as it is, low level and the market flooded with clones and clones of clones.
I am not so happy to see people promoting them on an Akai forum, honestly.
Not a good move.
By Fre$hBreath Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:10 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:The best way to handle cork sniffers, is to give them a blind test and watch them Squirm their way out of it.

Peter Kirn must be feeling all sorts of f u c ked up behind this. He deserves it in my personal opinion because he’s the one who’s been the most hateful and unfair towards Behringer with his hit pieces influencing others who haven’t even tried any of the synths to make unfounded criticisms of them.

What’s also funny is Behringer revealed yesterday that Moog, Korg, Roland, Yamaha, Dave Smith and a bunch of synth developers are all using CoolAudio chips, Behringer owns CoolAudio and all of it’s designs.

Therefore all of these brands are reliant on Behringer to make their products. That’s why Uli said he’s open to buy these brands out.
Bymember04959388 Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:23 pm
Fre$hBreath wrote:
CharlesRandolph wrote:The best way to handle cork sniffers, is to give them a blind test and watch them Squirm their way out of it.

Peter Kirn must be feeling all sorts of f u c ked up behind this. He deserves it in my personal opinion because he’s the one who’s been the most hateful and unfair towards Behringer with his hit pieces influencing others who haven’t even tried any of the synths to make unfounded criticisms of them.

What’s also funny is Behringer revealed yesterday that Moog, Korg, Roland, Yamaha, Dave Smith and a bunch of synth developers are all using CoolAudio chips, Behringer owns CoolAudio and all of it’s designs.

Therefore all of these brands are reliant on Behringer to make their products. That’s why Uli said he’s open to buy these brands out.

Is it a friends of yours?
What is exactly that you like of this brand?
And why you are so enthusiast about it?
I am the opposite.
Bymember04959388 Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:34 pm
Fre$hBreath wrote:

Since he clones those brands without paying the projects, I dare to say the opposite.
Without those brands, he would be making cable testers and that's it. Ah no, also cable testers were clones.
You see? A typical way of reversing an argument, something we see more and more these days.
By Fre$hBreath Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:49 pm
Frisbi wrote:Is it a friends of yours?
I am the opposite.

It’s simple, Behringer is giving the people what they want by making dope quality products that sound great and work great as they should.

These other brands could learn from that listening to their consumers.

I support Behringer because they support my musical needs as a musician.
Bymember04959388 Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:55 pm
Fre$hBreath wrote:
Frisbi wrote:Is it a friends of yours?
I am the opposite.

It’s simple, Behringer is giving the people what they want by making dope quality products that sound great and work great as they should.

These other brands could learn from that listening to their consumers.

I support Behringer because they support my musical needs as a musician.

Bad clones of serious brands are what people want?
As a musician, I prefer to have a Mackie mixer rather then a B clone made stealing Onyx design, calling it Xenyx (!) and making Mackie almost bankrupt for that.
This is what musicians ask for?
I guess serious musicians prefer innovation and giving money to brands that will invest that money on new innovative priducts like Korg Wavestate or Roland Fantom for example.
But I see, you think serious musicians are happy because they pay less.
These are not serious musicians.
By Fre$hBreath Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:29 pm
Frisbi wrote:Bad clones of serious brands are what people want?
As a musician, I prefer to have a Mackie mixer rather then a B clone made stealing Onyx design, calling it Xenyx (!) and making Mackie almost bankrupt for that.
I guess serious musicians prefer innovation and giving money to brands that will invest that money on new innovative priducts like Korg Wavestate or Roland Fantom for example.

Perhaps if you remove your bias lens you might see this a bit clearer.

First of the Behringer synths are not bad clones, that’s a myth.

Fans of ‘70s and ‘80s era Korg products have been asking Korg for reissues of the MonoPoly, Trident synths for years, and Korg has ignored them. Yes, they brought back the MS-20 but they done a half-a$$ed version of it with 1 fixed midi channel and a singular midi port.

People have been requesting all sorts of analog reissues from Roland and instead we got these cheaply built ACB hardware versions of Roland cloud plugins.

Behringer is making quality versions of these synths. I know, I own several Behringer synths, they’re all built great and work as they should with no issues.

A good number of my friends and clients who are all professional musicians own several Behringer synths and love them.

It also seems that they have become wildly popular here in Seattle because I keep coming across them at local spots being played by local musicians.

All that stuff about Mackie, I don’t know about and don’t care about to be frank, because we’re talking about the synths here.

When I have a bad experience with Behringer, I will certainly voice it, but until then, I’m happy with my synths...
Bymember04959388 Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:43 pm
Fre$hBreath wrote:
Frisbi wrote:Bad clones of serious brands are what people want?

Perhaps if you remove your bias lens you might see this a bit clearer.

First of the Behringer synths are not bad clones, that’s a myth.

Fans of ‘70s and ‘80s era Korg products have been asking Korg for reissues of the MonoPoly, Trident synths for years, and Korg has ignored them. Yes, they brought back the MS-20 but they done a half-a$$ed version of it with 1 fixed midi channel and a singular midi port.

People have been requesting all sorts of analog reissues from Roland and instead we got these cheaply built ACB hardware versions of Roland cloud plugins.

Behringer is making quality versions of these synths. I know, I own several Behringer synths, they’re all built great and work as they should with no issues.

A good number of my friends and clients who are all professional musicians own several Behringer synths and love them.

It also seems that they have become wildly popular here in Seattle because I keep coming across them at local spots being played by local musicians.

All that stuff about Mackie, I don’t know about and don’t care about to be frank, because we’re talking about the synths here.

When I have a bad experience with Behringer, I will certainly voice it, but until then, I’m happy with my synths...

Yeah I see many B synths clones on concerts.
At the moment zero.
So you have a shop and promote B stuff on an Akai forum?
Sorry to say that, but it seems you are using this platform as a marketing platform for your shop and that brand.
I keep on using my Mackie and play my Akai and Roland.
By Fre$hBreath Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:21 pm
Frisbi wrote:Yeah I see many B synths clones on concerts.
At the moment zero.
So you have a shop and promote B stuff on an Akai forum?
Sorry to say that, but it seems you are using this platform as a marketing platform for your shop and that brand.
I keep on using my Mackie and play my Akai and Roland.

What shop? :hmmm:

What marketing? :hmmm:

I’m a working class musician who owns a modest home studio and fortunately works full time as a producer and mixer at a popular studio here in Seattle and freelance at other studios here in Seattle, down in Portland, and occasionally Los Angeles, and Often up in Vancouver B.C. where I also co-own an independent label.

Show me a post where I’m selling and marketing music or music technology.

Just like many here, I’m passionate about music and the technology. It’s why I left my native New York to live in a real music city where real musicians breathe, eat and sh!t music.

Maybe you should go out more often, you’re more than welcomed to visit Seattle, we have lots to do here and more than enough clubs and restaurants where musicians play live here all the time, we are a major music hub after all.

I discuss whatever is currently interesting.

Behringer happens to have a very good social media game, they post something about their synths almost everyday because from what I‘ve read, they have 50+ new synth products on their slate.

It’s not my fault that your favorite brands can only afford to produce 1 or 2 new synths a year. Maybe if Korg made what people actually want at decent prices they could afford to release more products?