Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By NearTao Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:35 pm
Just did a write up on the Korg Triton Plugin that just dropped yesterday. https://neartao.wordpress.com/2019/12/31/korg-triton-plugin-impressions/

For those who just want a thumbs up or thumbs down... the TLDR from me is that it's quite good and gets my thumbs up, though it is a bit CPU hungry. My 2017 laptop is happily chugging away with it, but add in a few more plugins and it starts sounding a bit glitchy. Fortunately bounce technology is a thing... so it isn't quite so much of a problem for me.

It compares quite well to the hardware version, and output quality is likely to depend more on your computer's DAC/speaker setup.

All that said, I still haven't really run it through its' paces yet, but really enjoying it so far.
By Lampdog Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:04 am
I have 24/48 Triton Extreme samples in beat camping for those that can’t handle the plugins.
By Danoc Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:20 pm
I was going to get this, but.............. They don't support Offline activation, so I will not be buying this. If a company can't support what I need, I ain't getting it, nor want to work this on a lappy! But it's dope.

NearTao wrote:Just did a write up on the Korg Triton Plugin that just dropped yesterday. https://neartao.wordpress.com/2019/12/31/korg-triton-plugin-impressions/

For those who just want a thumbs up or thumbs down... the TLDR from me is that it's quite good and gets my thumbs up, though it is a bit CPU hungry. My 2017 laptop is happily chugging away with it, but add in a few more plugins and it starts sounding a bit glitchy. Fortunately bounce technology is a thing... so it isn't quite so much of a problem for me.

It compares quite well to the hardware version, and output quality is likely to depend more on your computer's DAC/speaker setup.

All that said, I still haven't really run it through its' paces yet, but really enjoying it so far.
By NearTao Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:11 pm
I hear ya... and it is annoying that it has to reactivate every restart... I still really like the plugin, but it is now reminding me how annoying software can be these days.
By Fre$hBreath Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:40 am
I might buy this today...
By Fre$hBreath Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:37 pm
Fre$hBreath wrote:I might buy this today...

I purchased it, sounds exactly like my old Triton...
By Lampdog Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:44 pm
I have several friends who've sold their Tritons long ago, regretted it and they’d LOVE to have this, that price is steep though.
By NearTao Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:47 pm
Lampdog wrote:I have several friends who've sold their Tritons long ago, regretted it and they’d LOVE to have this, that price is steep though.

It's steep, and I'm not in love with the online connection checks either...

Still, the plugin sounds legit, and Korg does do decent sales from time to time so probably worth keeping eyes out for it.
By Fre$hBreath Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:48 pm
Lampdog wrote:I have several friends who've sold their Tritons long ago, regretted it and they’d LOVE to have this, that price is steep though.

I got it for $150 because I already owned the bundle. But is it really steep? I purchased the hardware for 4 figures, this is 3 figures...