Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Danoc Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:29 pm
Imagine running this with the X/Live! OMG :shock: First they put out the Korg VSTi :worthy: , which is nuts! Now they have 37 key, keyboard! It's like having Omnisphere as a hardware! :shock: :WTF:
Are you kidding me right now? It's $799.99? :shock: I heard the sequencer is really nice! dammmmmmm

Something told me to wait, I am getting this I am not getting the Fantom!

"Let there be Korg"!!!!

Gigabytes of samples!
"Up to 14 effects can be combined simultaneously, and they range from your standard reverb, delay and chorus, to emulations of Vox guitar amps, wah pedals and other "classic guitar pedals."

It comes with over 2000 sounds :shock:

https://www.korg.com/us/products/synthe ... wavestate/
By EnochLight Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:12 pm
I've long struggled with considering a Korg Minilogue XD, as their bang-for-buck return is just fantastic. The new Wave seems to be similar in form factor to the Minilogue XD, while offering full-size keys. Korg has really been knocking it out of the park lately. Even their Volca line is amazing.
Bymember04959388 Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:42 pm
That looks REALLY interesting.
Looking forward to hearing how it sounds.
I guess better then Air soft synths :)
By CharlesRandolph Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:55 pm
Do you think the MPC X/LIVE will be able to record the Vector Joystick X/Y or all the MIDI functions? I would love to see Roli 5D expression type functionality. I've used Omnisphere with a Roli and it's an awesome experience.

Danoc wrote:Imagine running this with the X/Live! OMG :shock: First they put out the Korg VSTi :worthy: , which is nuts! Now they have 37 key, keyboard! It's like having Omnisphere as a hardware! :shock: :WTF:
Are you kidding me right now? It's $799.99? :shock: I heard the sequencer is really nice! dammmmmmm

Something told me to wait, I am getting this I am not getting the Fantom!

"Let there be Korg"!!!!
By NearTao Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:47 pm
This does look like a sweet keyboard! "Sadly"... I just ordered a used Access Virus Darkstar... that'll have to hold me over.

Do love Korg though! The Wave line has always been interesting and it is impressive to see how they continue to move it in interesting directions.
By Danoc Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:56 pm
EnochLight wrote:I've long struggled with considering a Korg Minilogue XD, as their bang-for-buck return is just fantastic. The new Wave seems to be similar in form factor to the Minilogue XD, while offering full-size keys. Korg has really been knocking it out of the park lately. Even their Volca line is amazing.

Yes sir lm getting that. I was about to get the Fantom. Not now. Abd it has dice/Randomization., like Omnisphere 2.
By Cockdiesel Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:08 am
Danoc- that thing looks dope but it is a completely different machine than the fantom. This a is a wave vector synth, although it will have all types of samples this thing will function a lot different than omnisphere. I’d suggest you check out the wave station app, it’s honestly my favorite iPad app and this thing seems like it sounds better. I’d be on the lookout for a flagship redo of the triton to be coming soon, so you may want to hold off a bit.

Charles- I am unsure of how they implement the joystick in this machine but on the app it can serve a few functions but mainly it’s just to single out the partials that’s make up the patch. I would imagine it will have midi cc going to it just depends on what midi this thing kicks out.

Seems to me to be a perfect fit for the live, even more so if all the knobs and everything send out midi. The Akai miniak has been the most fun with live, but even the miniak has something this overlooks. Audio input. The wave station a/d had audio inputs and it seems to complement the machine well. Especially how they seem to promote the effects and stacking.

Highly suggest the wavestation app for iPad if you find this thing interesting, the app seems to have a better GUI for programming this thing from what I could tell. It sounds great, but it is a rather complex synth.
By Lampdog Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:30 am
Reads in the manual similar to Kronos2 implementation. A highly customizable 4 way fader would be the best I can describe it. Customize the axis’. As you move the stick you get a 1-4 way mix of whatever your settings are.

That’s how it works on the Kronos. Some of the Wavestation manual reads the same.

Danoc wrote:Yes sir lm getting that. I was about to get the Fantom. Not now. Abd it has dice/Randomization., like Omnisphere 2.

Fantom and Wavestation are 2 diff monsters. I would wait to see if Kronos Extreme (like Triton Extreme) rumors are true. If so, I’ll trade my Kronos2 for the Kronos Extreme immediately.
I had a normal Triton and when Extreme came out it was EVERYTHING best from ALL Tritons. I scooped it up quick like. I’d wait.
By Monotremata Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:49 am
If it works like the original Wavestation, that joystick 'morphs' between waveshapes, kinda like the ProphetVS did.
Id imagine nowadays its probably assignable to whatever the hell you want though.

Looks neat but already got two Waldorfs and the Microwave XT takes up alot of space on my desktop already.
By Lampdog Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:53 am
Monotremata wrote:Id imagine nowadays its probably assignable to whatever the hell you want though.

On Kronos2 yes. Highly customizable.
By Cockdiesel Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:54 am
I’ve been messing with the iPad app and the joystick is assignable like most modulation sources. Most of the time it’s just a “ mixer” type function between the wave shapes or “partials” but it can control just about anything else. Cutoff, Lfo speed, etc.
By Danoc Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:41 am
Frisbi wrote:That looks REALLY interesting.
Looking forward to hearing how it sounds.
I guess better then Air soft synths :)

Fris, Fris, Yo Fris, come on man you know it sounds better than Air instruments lol
By Danoc Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:46 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:Do you think the MPC X/LIVE will be able to record the Vector Joystick X/Y or all the MIDI functions? I would love to see Roli 5D expression type functionality. I've used Omnisphere with a Roli and it's an awesome experience.

I don't know about that but to just get the Live/X to talk to that thing, definitely can keep people off the computer just like they want it. Perfect combo.
By Danoc Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:56 am
Cockdiesel wrote:Danoc- that thing looks dope but it is a completely different machine than the fantom. This a is a wave vector synth, although it will have all types of samples this thing will function a lot different than omnisphere. I’d suggest you check out the wave station app, it’s honestly my favorite iPad app and this thing seems like it sounds better. I’d be on the lookout for a flagship redo of the triton to be coming soon, so you may want to hold off a bit.

Charles- I am unsure of how they implement the joystick in this machine but on the app it can serve a few functions but mainly it’s just to single out the partials that’s make up the patch. I would imagine it will have midi cc going to it just depends on what midi this thing kicks out.

Seems to me to be a perfect fit for the live, even more so if all the knobs and everything send out midi. The Akai miniak has been the most fun with live, but even the miniak has something this overlooks. Audio input. The wave station a/d had audio inputs and it seems to complement the machine well. Especially how they seem to promote the effects and stacking.

Highly suggest the wavestation app for iPad if you find this thing interesting, the app seems to have a better GUI for programming this thing from what I could tell. It sounds great, but it is a rather complex synth.

I don't own an ipad. Ima hop on this because lve wanted a smaller keyboard just to use with the live. This is no doubt it, this would be perfect for me. At $799 you can't beat that. I do not want another big keyboard. I have a 76 keyboard already. Ive been waiting alteady, time to make that move :smoker:
By Cockdiesel Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:11 am
Do what you want Danoc, I’m just trying to point out it may not be what you’re expecting. You may want to see what namm overs up too.

No doubt having a small portable synth has been the most fun for using with the live for me. I’d suggest something like this but look into the architecture of the synth to see if it’s for you. Think evolving soundscapes, and metallic digital synth sounds. They might have more clarity in the pcm sounds, but your bread and butter( basses, horns, etc) rudimentary at best meant to be tweaked and mangled to new sounds.

At 6 gb samples that’s an insane amount of pcms, waves or what ever they are. These short samples are literally ms long and meant to be stretched and contorted. You basically stack up samples and when you press the keys it plays the sequence. The sequence is your oscillator in a sense. Like stacking a very short guitar chord as your attack, long bass note as your decay sustain, and super down pitched horn as your sustain release that goes to infinity... it’s honestly far more complex to program than I can really convey, but it’s cool, but pretty complex.
Last edited by Cockdiesel on Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.