Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Cockdiesel Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:12 am
What about a 37 key triton?
Been playing with the app and watching vids about this synth.not touching it without the iPad GUI. Sounds fantastic but not worth the hassle, most will sell this quickly. It’s worth the 20 bucks on a app that offers better control, not so much on a small GUI. Get the vst in the korg legacy package if you like this and work on computers. You’re going to lose interest quick.

Last edited by Cockdiesel on Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Fanu Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:57 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:Do you think the MPC X/LIVE will be able to record the Vector Joystick X/Y or all the MIDI functions?

If it sends the midi out, then yes.
By Eyalc Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:55 pm
Lampdog wrote:
Monotremata wrote:Id imagine nowadays its probably assignable to whatever the hell you want though.

On Kronos2 yes. Highly customizable.

@Lamp, do you use the Kronos as a midi controller too? (Or maybe your answer implies that you do...).

If so, how does it function?
By Unreallystic Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:47 pm
I'll hold on this one until I hear more custom patches from people as what I've heard so far has been VERY uninspiring. Korg usually does a great job - especially at value, but I *personally* regret every Korg purchase I've made to date, usually there is some quirk that makes it more difficult to use in my setup than anticipated (looking at you Kaossilator; and for reference, I'm talking KP3+, Kaossilator, and the Volca series). So I will not get excited about this.

As for working with MPC, *meh*. If you want the keys, get a controller. If you want a synth, get something like a Polyend Medusa for a Live *portable*, if you are at home with some space, then there are a plethora of options already.
- Unreall
By NearTao Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:11 pm
Unreallystic wrote:
As for working with MPC, *meh*. If you want the keys, get a controller. If you want a synth, get something like a Polyend Medusa for a Live *portable*, if you are at home with some space, then there are a plethora of options already.
- Unreall

Yeah, I just picked up a used Access Darkstar... while the Wavestate looks like it might be interesting... I’m in your camp... ready to wait and see what others do with it first. Hardware is too damn complicated these days, and the software to back it up often lags behind.

Perhaps I’m just too old though...
By Danoc Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:33 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:@Danoc have you looked into the Kyra? This piece is on my radar for 2020.

That's probably dope, but it doesn't have a keyboard on it. It's like a desk top. I don't need that. That Wave State is the best choice for me.
By Danoc Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:46 pm
For me and my experience, Korg sounds have been fantastic. I have had a Trinity, and a Triton Rack and that was a beast. This will be right for me, and as I do more RnB, Pop/Trap, Trap, this is right up my alley. I will put this to use.

I want to see if I can use this Midi up to the Live and be able to record into the Live. Now I see the back of this thing, I am kinda happy. It looks so promising for my live set up. I want to be able to save my midi chords and melodies inside the Live and export them so I can use the midi chords in Reason. But also some of those chord sounds made up in the Live and exported out, I got that covered. If I can't export the midi chords out, no biggie. Ohhhhhhhh Just thought of it, I would definitely have to use the software to do midi export. But really don't wanna use the lappy. Korg Kronos is to big! I only want something in the 37 key range, that's all I need.

Has anyone done Midi export directly from the Live/X without using a computer? By looking at the back, what yall thinking?

Unreallystic wrote:I'll hold on this one until I hear more custom patches from people as what I've heard so far has been VERY uninspiring. Korg usually does a great job - especially at value, but I *personally* regret every Korg purchase I've made to date, usually there is some quirk that makes it more difficult to use in my setup than anticipated (looking at you Kaossilator; and for reference, I'm talking KP3+, Kaossilator, and the Volca series). So I will not get excited about this.

- Unreall
By Danoc Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:56 pm
So you paid $2915 for that? And trust me I know that crap is dope.

NearTao wrote:
Unreallystic wrote:
- Unreall

Yeah, I just picked up a used Access Darkstar... while the Wavestate looks like it might be interesting... I’m in your camp... ready to wait and see what others do with it first. Hardware is too damn complicated these days, and the software to back it up often lags behind.

Perhaps I’m just too old though...
By Danoc Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:03 pm
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhh Hell nah, those sounds on that crap sound beautiful, OMG :shock: :worthy: Korg, Yeah, a brother is getting that!

Cockdiesel wrote:
By Danoc Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:12 pm
Daaaaaam! I'm sold. Anyone that wants to keep waiting for whatever it is you're waiting for, I will be playing this crap! I have waited long enough!

By Lampdog Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:41 pm
Eyalc wrote:@Lamp, do you use the Kronos as a midi controller too? (Or maybe your answer implies that you do...).

Kronos is currently midi'd to 4k and EMU Turbo Phat, 5pin dins all around.
EMU has 32 channels. Kronos has 16. MPC4k has 32 channels.

Sometimes Kronos is master/sequencer.
Sometimes MPC4k is master/sequencer.

I can control EMU from both machines and it's lovely.
EMU has 32 midi chnls. 16 go to MPC, 16 go to Kronos.
I do this most times because I don't always have 4k/Kronos on.
Which ever one is on I can always get to at EMU 16 chnls.

Kronos handles GREAT as a midi controller. I didn't realize at first how useful the control interface is.
It is customizable as all hell. Same for that vector stick. Never had one and had only played with ipad on screen x/y pads before. This feels better in use due to hardware feel.
By NearTao Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:16 pm
Danoc wrote:So you paid $2915 for that? And trust me I know that **** is dope.

Nah, I picked it up off reverb for a bit under $2k, still expensive, but with all the gear I've flipped lately it wasn't too much out of pocket. Second Virus I have owned now... I had the C for a long time, but sold it years back and always kind of missed it.

As I've been downsizing, I wanted something with a solid key bed and some great sound sculpting capabilities. It pairs pretty nicely with my setup. Have to post some pics in the studio thread :D
By Danoc Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:57 pm
Ok cool. I have the Virus Ti sounds directly from it so lm good.
Ima get this and be happy :-) :-)

NearTao wrote:Nah, I picked it up off reverb for a bit under $2k, still expensive, but with all the gear I've flipped lately it wasn't too much out of pocket. Second Virus I have owned now... I had the C for a long time, but sold it years back and always kind of missed it.

As I've been downsizing, I wanted something with a solid key bed and some great sound sculpting capabilities. It pairs pretty nicely with my setup. Have to post some pics in the studio thread :D
By Eyalc Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:57 pm
Lampdog wrote:
Eyalc wrote:@Lamp, do you use the Kronos as a midi controller too? (Or maybe your answer implies that you do...).

Kronos is currently midi'd to 4k and EMU Turbo Phat, 5pin dins all around.
EMU has 32 channels. Kronos has 16. MPC4k has 32 channels.

Sometimes Kronos is master/sequencer.
Sometimes MPC4k is master/sequencer.

I can control EMU from both machines and it's lovely.
EMU has 32 midi chnls. 16 go to MPC, 16 go to Kronos.
I do this most times because I don't always have 4k/Kronos on.
Which ever one is on I can always get to at EMU 16 chnls.

Kronos handles GREAT as a midi controller. I didn't realize at first how useful the control interface is.
It is customizable as all hell. Same for that vector stick. Never had one and had only played with ipad on screen x/y pads before. This feels better in use due to hardware feel.

Awesome man! Thank you for that! I’m definitely leaning toward the Kronos. Curious to see if they’ll release an Extreme too. Waiting to see...