Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
Bymember04959388 Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:49 pm
I just tried the Grain synth of Reason 11 and I am blown away.
It is pure beauty.
I wish Akai or Air could give us something like that on standalone Mpc.
It actually works with just one sample, so it could perfectly fit on a sampler like Mpc.
By Danoc Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:19 pm
Did you try to put in one sonud and get a total new sound?
Bymember04959388 Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:23 pm
Danoc wrote:Did you try to put in one sonud and get a total new sound?

Yeah I put my own samples and something really magic happened.
You can play for hours just with it.
10/10
By Danoc Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:17 pm
Frisbi wrote:
Danoc wrote:Did you try to put in one sonud and get a total new sound?

Yeah I put my own samples and something really magic happened.
You can play for hours just with it.
10/10

I made a video on it. Crap is dope ! I haven't used it in a while.

By EnochLight Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:17 pm
Frisbi wrote:I just tried the Grain synth of Reason 11 and I am blown away.
It is pure beauty.
It actually works with just one sample, so it could perfectly fit on a sampler like Mpc.

Yeah, Grain is probably my favorite graintable synth/sampler out there. I find it very easy to work with, its stock sounds just incredible, and it made the cost of upgrading to 10 (which is the version it appeared in) worth the cost alone, IMHO. Just a brilliant device.

I would be shocked if something like this ever appeared in MPC Live/X standalone. Akai can't even give us a decent audio warp quality in standalone. :lol:
By 40Beatz Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:46 pm
Yea FL Studio has a Granulizer type Plug In too. Works the same way. We'll have to wait til Akai Drops a New Machine in order to get Full VST support
Bymember04959388 Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:56 pm
EnochLight wrote:
Frisbi wrote:I just tried the Grain synth of Reason 11 and I am blown away.
It is pure beauty.

Yeah, Grain is probably my favorite graintable synth/sampler out there. I find it very easy to work with, its stock sounds just incredible, and it made the cost of upgrading to 10 (which is the version it appeared in) worth the cost alone, IMHO. Just a brilliant device.

I would be shocked if something like this ever appeared in MPC Live/X standalone. Akai can't even give us a decent audio warp quality in standalone. :lol:

Ah ah you are right, Akai is not even able to code a decent warp, a usb that sends audio or a decent midi implementation or streaming from disk or sd card.
But Air has the skill to do something like that.
I don't see Grain synth overloading cpu on Rwason so I guess it could be made for current Mpc Os.
By NearTao Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:01 am
Grain Synthesis is the heart of some good time stretch/warp algorithms, so it could be a great investment for Akai...
By Danoc Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:25 pm
EnochLight wrote:Akai can't even give us a decent audio warp quality in standalone. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :nod:
By Fanu Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:54 pm
Oi guys, saying this friendly, but could you please have the non-MPC posts in other forums.
E.g., this is a Reason-related post, which has nothing to do with the MPC.
Currently on page 1 of this forum there's 4 posts not related to the MPC X/Live that this subforum is about.
I love this forum and wouldn't like for this, too, to become a place for whatever topics: to me, this is about the MPC. There are subforums for software etc.
People lose interest when content gets irrelevant.
Bymember04959388 Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:20 pm
Fanu wrote:Oi guys, saying this friendly, but could you please have the non-MPC posts in other forums.
E.g., this is a Reason-related post, which has nothing to do with the MPC.
Currently on page 1 of this forum there's 4 posts not related to the MPC X/Live that this subforum is about.
I love this forum and wouldn't like for this, too, to become a place for whatever topics: to me, this is about the MPC. There are subforums for software etc.
People lose interest when content gets irrelevant.

Well it was an idea for Mpc.
I talked about Grain synth on Reason just to be clear about the idea.
I could have said a generic Grain Synth, it doesn't change anything.
So I wanted to know how many Mpc standalone users would like to have a grain synth on it.
I am not advertising Reason. i could talk about tasty chips or Reaktor or whatever.
I don't get your point honestly.
By Lampdog Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:46 pm
The point is, this sub-forum is for X/Live.

The initial post is not an X/Live specific issue or problem.
Bymember04959388 Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:16 pm
Lampdog wrote:The point is, this sub-forum is for X/Live.

The initial post is not an X/Live specific issue or problem.

We cannot make request or putting out ideas about Mpc new features?
I thought this Forum was also for that.
I still don't get your point.
I think you misunderstood.
I was not talking about having reason inside Mpc.
I was talking about having a Grain Synth on an advanced sampler called Mpc.
By Lampdog Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:29 pm
Ok.