Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Lampdog Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:59 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:Confirmed to work with the latest iOS devices.

What ports, connections were used?
By CharlesRandolph Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:00 am
Lampdog wrote:
CharlesRandolph wrote:Confirmed to work with the latest iOS devices.

What ports, connections were used?

It should be USB C to USB C or Lighting to USB C. JIM from SSL said it works with iOS. I'll get more information on Saturday. Which iPAD pro do you have? The one with USB C or Lighting?
By Lampdog Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:41 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:For the PRO, you may need the camera kit. Because the IPAD PRO usb c, may not push enough power.

The pro’s before the usb c pro’s are lightning. I got one of the first pro’s, lighting.
By Lampdog Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:00 am
Nope, currently have ipad 1/8 stereo out -> dual 1/4 mono -> Kronos line in (acts as a mixer).

Ipad iconnect midi to kronos midi in/out. Kronos is master.

Kronos optical spdif to rme.

...and good with that.

Sometimes I just use ipad audio out to rme. No other gear. No other wires.
By Cockdiesel Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:09 am
So basically for me to use this sound card with my iPad I need a different camera connector that allows power supply?

Thinking about selling my RME and down grading to this as I really just want to monitor my mix on computer instead of complicated racks and sound design that way. Having more utility to this might be something to help push for this.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:49 am
Cockdiesel wrote:So basically for me to use this sound card with my iPad I need a different camera connector that allows power supply?

Thinking about selling my RME and down grading to this as I really just want to monitor my mix on computer instead of complicated racks and sound design that way. Having more utility to this might be something to help push for this.

I found a video of one guy doing it.

By Cockdiesel Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:57 am
I have a camera kit right now usb to lightning but it seems I would need to upgrade to one with a power supply to make this ssl happen.

They are suppose to drop in feb. So I am sure more will come out about what you can and cannot do pretty soon here. Really I just want something to run my monitors when I’m at my computer desk and if I can use it with my iPad or even MPC in my living room, even better. I can prolly sell the RME and get this and a six. I think that will be better suited to my needs.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:58 am
Lampdog wrote:Nope, currently have ipad 1/8 stereo out -> dual 1/4 mono -> Kronos line in (acts as a mixer).

Ipad iconnect midi to kronos midi in/out. Kronos is master.

Kronos optical spdif to rme.

...and good with that.

Sometimes I just use ipad audio out to rme. No other gear. No other wires.

That works. It's a shame the IPAD's lighting or usb doesn't put out enough to power, to power the audio interface directly. I have the 61W USB-C Power Adapter and the USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter. So all I need is the interface.

EDIT: My iPad does not have a headphone jack.
Last edited by CharlesRandolph on Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:11 am, edited 2 times in total.