Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By edzer Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:06 pm
man i wish i had $#% you money lol

fingers crossed that dave or someone else figures out a way to bump the sp12 to 10s, that's my poor manz dream
By Lampdog Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:55 am
edzer wrote:man i wish i had $#% you money lol

fingers crossed that dave or someone else figures out a way to bump the sp12 to 10s, that's my poor manz dream

By mr_debauch Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:28 am
chino wrote:Now Dave saw the interest & is now re-releasing the SP-1200???!!!

if you read what is said, it is not being re-released at all, it is a program refurbishing originals... but without the ability to get your exact machine back. how many SP-1200s were made in total? 1000? 1500? not many at all... so the max we will see of these new ones is no where near even those numbers. People who own several might send one in.
By edzer Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:51 pm
Lampdog wrote:
edzer wrote:man i wish i had $#% you money lol

hoping the 2400 is the solution, but gotta wait to see a sound/swing A-B in person. not 100% sold just yet.
By chino Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:15 pm
mr_debauch wrote:
chino wrote:Now Dave saw the interest & is now re-releasing the SP-1200???!!!

if you read what is said, it is not being re-released at all, it is a program refurbishing originals... but without the ability to get your exact machine back. how many SP-1200s were made in total? 1000? 1500? not many at all... so the max we will see of these new ones is no where near even those numbers. People who own several might send one in.

I did read what was stated. I just READ BETWEEN THE LINES. A "program to refurbish originals" WITHOUT the ability to get your exact machine back. Hmmm, so give up your SP-1200, provide "improvements" worth $500 to $1000 -(AT MOST), slap a signature on it and Ta-Daa- Please hand me $7500. Thank you, come again!! WOW!! :Sigh: :lol: :lol:

Lets capitalize off of the renewed interest in the SP-1200 by offering a "program to refurbish originals collector's edition". Its a move I would expect from AKAI Professional.

:shock: :roll: :popcorn: :popcorn:
By jibber Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:25 am
edzer wrote:hoping the 2400 is the solution, but gotta wait to see a sound/swing A-B in person. not 100% sold just yet.

You can find direct sound comparisons on the ISLA Instrument website. Sound is spot on.

He also stated in some comments in the news section that the sequencer / swing will be identical to the SP1200.
By fobedafied Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:23 am
dave's scam is wack af from this perspective.

i wrote rossum electro via their inquiries link well over a month ago asking what trade in value towards and anniversary renovation would be worth with a Sept. '19 invoice with all pads/buttons refurbed, new blue screen, and output boost mod installed on a black reissue. wasnt really even interested unless it was a worthwhile investment. LMAO. yeah right.

no response as of yet.

flowers these clowns. :fku:

By Metatron72 Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:37 pm
Yeah seems about right to link that tune and I guess Rossum is Jerry Heller for the purposes of the analogy. Fair enough.

I was intrigued by the suggestions that this is a two fold thing he’s trying to do. One get money on an exhorbitant weird refurb proposition. But two perhaps the real reason is trying to set up to claim future legal stake in the name and design trappings. And probably not regarding Isla so much or at all, but rather potentially Behringer.

Normally I’d be whatever to such conspiracy thinking, but we never expected the market in it’s current state and didn’t see the analog revival nor Behringer’s Clone Wars coming, nor expected a neo SP. So the suggestion is at least worth considering if that’s his actual motivation.
By fobedafied Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:41 pm
maybe he wants to snag all the old filter chips from trade ins and replace with the newer reissue filter chips. LOL

id think the newer chips may be preferable though??? :hmmm:

upon rereading my post, i forgot to mention the sept. '19 invoice being from Forat. i didnt forget to mention that in my inquiry to Rossum Electro though. :|
By Metatron72 Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:02 pm
DSI/Sequential buy the Cool Audio clones straight from Behringer so yeah :lol:

I know you’re in SoCal area so I assumed you’d had gotten top work done properly. But yeah it’s like damn, what is he gonna really do for $7500 on top of a fresh Forat job?

I don’t know, Creative Labs still owns all the Ensoniq/E-MU legacy. And Digital Sound Factory is the last remaining vendor of any purposing of that stuff left with their SF2/Kontakt versions the old rack ROMS and the CDRs etc. .
Which it seems like they leave in a rusted 1970 filing cabinet in a bunker or whatever. Maybe Rossum thinks if it gets major, i.e. Uli, staking this project, his history and then maybe when forced offer Creative a rights buyout like Bloomberg going after Trump’s Deutschebank debt for pennies on the dollar. :lol: he could make a move and claim being the ‘true’ resurrection.
By fobedafied Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:35 am
damn., most of what you just said meta went over my head. i aint really up on gear and the politics of like that tbh. but i do see how maybe Dave is just setting his flag up and reppin what should rightly be his in this "new" marketplace and the pretty foreseeable future of "the business" in this niche.

also. yeah. harder to justify the anniversary upgrade with a fresh refurb/upgrade by Forat. Bruce actually showed me some mods that were pretty similar to what Dave is offering. with fully adjustable cutoffs and resonance filter switches and such. but honestly, its mostly over my head. :oops: