Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Cockdiesel Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:45 am
Hopefully not too click baity but I think since it’s a recurring theme in other threads, I thought it would be a good idea to have its own theoretical spot here.

Maybe I didn’t pick the best name for it, I lifted it from someone else’s comment.
Perhaps we can find a better one.

So trying to make some changes up with my music work space recently. I fired up my asr-10 and again I ran across more issues. It’s getting tiring. I am not going to give up on it but it seems every year I end up having to waste time and money just to get it back to how it was. So I thought to myself about any modern replacements and not much came to mind.

The simplicity, the keybed is great for me, and of course the distinction of the sound.

These would be pretty much what I would love to see Akai develop in this imaginary keyboard.

The new mpc line offers a similar type of simplicity, not sure how good Akai would make the keybed, but the biggest thing that sticks out is the sound difference. You could obviously use effects to get you closer to that sound, but overall there’s not much comparison between the two sounds.

So I ask for those interested, what would like to see? I would also like to know what Akai could do to give this synth a distinctive character?
By Fre$hBreath Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:05 am
I'd prefer to see a touchscreen version of the Advance keyboard that has the duality of working with MPC OS and VIP rather than a MPK keyboard...
By Lampdog Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:40 am
I said mpck 61, k for keyboard, not the mpk series.

I also said touch screen.

Since many of the other recent devices share the same OS you can
guestimate it would be the same OS if it were to be made.
By Cockdiesel Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:04 am
Yea I would like something that incorporates the vip software too.

Oh screen wise, mpcx screen forsure.

Sorry I screwed the title. I can’t change it it seems.

Sound wise, a machine filled with the plugins on the Mpc/Force wouldn’t really press me. You can get them to be ok, but besides the hype synth they are basic and leave a lot to be desired sound wise. I much prefer the akai mini ak over them, although I’m assuming they used a lot of that code ironically.
By Fre$hBreath Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:31 am
The MPC Advance...
By Cockdiesel Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:26 pm
Well I am not sure I would want something so similar to Mpc. I have a live and the force. The force is similar but it’s own thing.

Actually the force comes real close with the 61 pads, but it’s a different experience in itself. With the chord and different notes modes it’s more of a hybrid groove box framed around melodies and progressions. You can basically kick out everything but drums just like you would lay grooves on the Mpc with drums and samples. The Mpc has this feature but the force layout takes it to a new level.

I could care less if this imaginary keyboard had pads. I have that covered.

If anything maybe a trimmed down force layout. If they could integrate ableton control, and control and step sequencer like on the fire to control fl studio. They may have a hit on their hands. Hopefully they can expand to other daws too.

I’d say if we could get more interest maybe do a poll for the name. I really only put this up to see what we could brainstorm, and maybe the slight chance someone from akai takes notice. Maybe not totally bite our idea, that would welcome, but maybe influence it some.

It’s been awhile since the advance series came out, last I recall they dropped some 88key midi controller.
By Cockdiesel Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:41 am
Yikes... might be awhile before we see some keys from akai. They might have took quite the hit from that disaster.