Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By peterpiper Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:07 am
I'm not happy with this decision either. Still I have to say it's fun playin with it. I never had the chance to sit in front of the real SP but I this app, although there are many things that are still not implemented, gives a 'feel' of the workflow and I like it.

peace
By Fre$hBreath Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:30 am
Lampdog wrote:But you hyped it like the Universe depended on it.

:Sigh:

I was excited about it like thousands of other people are excited over it based on their videos. So far it seems like Windows users have no real issues, but us Mac users are the ones who got problems...
By CharlesRandolph Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:00 am
:lol: They went from cheering to pitch forks. This is the reason many Dev, do not talk about anything, until they've fully tested each avenue. You only get one chance to launch and when you do make sure it works as promised.

People won't buy the hardware, if they can't get the software to fully work. I hope he resolves the issue quickly and calms the crowd down. Software is hard. :nod:
Last edited by CharlesRandolph on Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Cockdiesel Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:30 am
When the pitchforks gonna start coming for ISLA’s box? Shit was suppose to drop by Christmas... looking like it’ll be a quarter late, yes he puts out a video every now and then and gets a pass. Low hiss changes his stuff up, and this seems rushed out.

Isla dude said he kissed the rossum ring...

Never heard the info about low hiss, but it’s really starting to be clear. If true, possibly Luna is intended to be ported over to mobile or even have it a vst is stepping on too many toes. He got golden era thugs to pay him a visit, telling him it would be shame if you could never touch a drum machine again... :lol:

Naw... just my crack pot 500 dollar tin foil hat rant...
Something changed up with low hiss tho. Rebranding, less focus on hardware and a rush to put out the software.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:50 am
Cockdiesel wrote:When the pitchforks gonna start coming for ISLA’s box? **** was suppose to drop by Christmas... looking like it’ll be a quarter late, yes he puts out a video every now and then and gets a pass. Low hiss changes his stuff up, and this seems rushed out.

Isla dude said he kissed the rossum ring...

Never heard the info about low hiss, but it’s really starting to be clear. If true, possibly Luna is intended to be ported over to mobile or even have it a vst is stepping on too many toes. He got golden era thugs to pay him a visit, telling him it would be shame if you could never touch a drum machine again... :lol:

Naw... just my crack pot 500 dollar tin foil hat rant...
Something changed up with low hiss tho. Rebranding, less focus on hardware and a rush to put out the software.

Timelines always shift and that's just way it goes. I rather ISLA put out the machine right, then to half do it. They're creating real hardware and software. So all the I must be dotted and all the t must be crossed. As for Low Hiss, it's all fun and games when it's a hobby. But once you put the gloves on and step into the ring, That's when business gets real.

Using the SP1200 trademark to push his product is a NO! NO! This is how so many piece of hardware and software never see the light of day. People fail to do, their due diligence. He should've called it the Low Hiss 1200 and really changed up the design. Filed a his own trademark, registered his code, and filed his patents.

Personally, I would've went full IOS and made sure all the bugs were worked out. The reason for IOS is because it's one system, to worry about. Trying to go Windows, Mac, Web App, Android and iOS is doing way too much.

I tried the Chrome web app and there are too many hoops to jump through. Also the latency is horrible and I would never work like that. He needs more time to fix things. :nod:
By Cockdiesel Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:02 am
I recall he said he was an app developer of some sort. So maybe he is a google app guy and might not have the experience on the iOS. Speculation.. I know... not my line of work... so I’d have no bearing...

Something shook him up, that is clear. I think he went left when he went away from the raspberry pi to developing an app to pay for development on the pi. It’s something within those confines. Either way some aspects of this he didn’t know what he was getting into. Shame because it seemed he was close even with the raspberry pi, which he could have done a diy kit for a reasonable price and sitting fat right now... isla or the big boys where the factors he wasn’t factoring in and over compensated for.
By Fre$hBreath Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:07 am
Low Hiss failed epically with this launch. At least Brad at Isla is being meticulous and keeps us in the loop, but Low Hiss is hiding right now. I hope he’s safe and not in some kinda witness protection program of sorts. His new name will be changed to Low Key...
By CharlesRandolph Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:15 am
He should've told everyone, it was going to be web app from the start. Nevertheless, it's out now! So he must move forward. He needs a manual for those, who has never used a SP1200, the latency must be fixed, and he needs to remove all those restrictions.

Make it free and fix the bugs and once it's ready for the world. Release and charge for iOS app. Companies check out these message boards and many of them knew, what was coming. :nod: Handle the legality first! If he would've just made his own drum machine app, instead of riding on the coat tails of the SP 1200. He could avoid many of these things.

Behringer has the money, resources, infrastructure and lawyers to fight this. He doesn't. But I say, GOOD for him, put it out, fail fast, and do it again better. :nod:
By Fre$hBreath Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:13 am
Finally got it working. It sounds great, especially when you pitch the sample down you get those beautiful grainy aliasing artifacts, but the latency is atrocious.
By fobedafied Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:05 am
Lampdog wrote:
Hermit_Crab wrote:... probably should cut the guy some slack

:nod:

roger that.

was bout to dload the demo version and play around a bit on my pc. but saw that i need to log into gmail or some bs cuz its a browser app, then i saw yall talkin latency issues... i think ill wait. i dont wanna have to log into the gmail account that i only use for getting free burgers and schit from restaurant clubs n whatnot just to rock simplex drums by number patterns with some presets. i think ill just spend the rest of my saturday night trying way too hard to two tap some chinamen online. a few more brews may inspire me to go fire up the actual sp and rock those nubdrums by numbers patterns i mentioned for a bit before i pass out. :mrgreen: :-D :smoker:

is the actual app in the cloud or something? why browser based and why the latency? im anti cloud. less i rolled it. WORD> 8) :smoker:
By wilzyk Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:10 am
Disappointed with this being google browser based only for now - I refuse to install chrome since I’m a full on tin foil hatter and paranoid about them selling my details on :lol:

But I’m with Charles on this, dude is a one man operation doing this for the love of the SP (sure, he’s releasing for the cash but certainly started as a passion project at least). I think I’ll wait for everything to be ironed out before I buy, I’d love it as an iOS app to mess around with on my break at work. But just can’t personally justify yet.

It can’t be easy for the dude to be launching such a hyped app as a one man business, so I think issues like this were inevitable tbh and I’m sure he’ll be getting my dough some time down the line!