Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By richie Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:31 am
wilzyk wrote:Very interesting, thanks for the tip, I’ll check it out. Do you think it would run the eSPi app then since they’re both based on chromium? Sounds possible to me but I don’t know to much about these kind of things..

It should run fine. I use my favorite Chrome plugins with Brave without issue.
By Fre$hBreath Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:51 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Fre$hBreath wrote:A pair of tutorials for the eSPi, but why he didn't use the MPC-2000 instead of that APC joint?

The APC has pads and faders. Also this is how the MPC Midi learn should work. Do you know if this is the standalone app or the web app?

Looks like the chrome app to me I gave up on trying to get it to work with my MPC X after 4 tries. My friend also tried it with his MPC X and no such luck. Maybe one of you guys will figure it out and make a better video...
By Fre$hBreath Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:46 pm
After endless tries, I finally got my MPC X pads to work with the eSPi, but it was kinda annoying to learn that I can only do this with the MPC X in controller mode which in my personal opinion is wack.

On the positive side, the latency between the MPCX and the eSPi software is good so now the eSPI is playable which will make programming beats a lot more enjoyable.

My new problem is: I can't assign my q-links to the eSPi sliders without it affecting the eSPi buttons which correlates to the slider above.

WTF?

Looks like I will be fighting my way through this until it's solved, but this is a beta, I'm sure it will eventually get there, just gotta remember to save my MIDI Mapping along the way...
By Fre$hBreath Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:06 pm

You gotta give Low Hiss who is a one-man operation a lot of credit. Dude got a negative billion-dollar budget, no development team, and mostly self-funded, yet he's moving rather quickly in the development of his app, now imagine if Akai and Native Instruments with all their resources did their updates this fast...
By CharlesRandolph Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:25 pm
Fre$hBreath wrote:You gotta give Low Hiss who is a one-man operation a lot of credit. Dude got a negative billion-dollar budget, no development team, and mostly self-funded, yet he's moving rather quickly in the development of his app, now imagine if Akai and Native Instruments with all their resources did their updates this fast...

If they updated this fast, people would grow tired of updating. Plus everyone is on a different version of the software on their hardware. Remember when Microsoft was constantly patching the Windows 10, people grew tired of it, because it fixed things but also broke other things. :lol:

He may want to slow down and carefully add new features. That way it gives him time to live with the build. Just because he can do it, doesn't mean he should do it. Nevertheless, this is a beta, not the fully developed software. So he can go HAM. :-D