Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By quietizkept Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:09 pm
I saw that too. To my ears, it sounds great. Currently brainstorming how to add this to my setup. Not sure if I'll run it on my tablet or pc. I'm wondering if there's a way to sync it with Reaper (with MPC running as a plugin). If they end up releasing this as a vst plugin hoooollllllyyyy shhheeeyatttt! I like the idea of a decently complete solution I can run on my tablet for portability. This + a Youtube downloader would be the sauce.
By Fre$hBreath Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:47 am
quietizkept wrote:I saw that too. To my ears, it sounds great. Currently brainstorming how to add this to my setup. Not sure if I'll run it on my tablet or pc. I'm wondering if there's a way to sync it with Reaper (with MPC running as a plugin). If they end up releasing this as a vst plugin hoooollllllyyyy shhheeeyatttt! I like the idea of a decently complete solution I can run on my tablet for portability. This + a Youtube downloader would be the sauce.

Yes, if Low Hiss makes a VST/AU version of this it will be a major game changer, but I don’t think he will because the objective behind his releasing this software is to raise the funds to build the hardware version. But the cool thing is we can control this software using our MPCs via MIDI...
By Lampdog Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:43 am
quietizkept wrote:Currently brainstorming how to add this to my setup. Not sure if I'll run it on my tablet or pc. I'm wondering if there's a way to sync it with Reaper (with MPC running as a plugin). I like the idea of a decently complete solution I can run on my tablet for portability.

:nod: :nod:

My ipad is standing by.
By Cockdiesel Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:21 am
I think the state things are in are great. You can get that sound cheap now with this app, or the s-950 app too.

on the other hand the sp-2400 fits a different niche in this landscape too. Ita a beast and taking the idea of the 1200 taking it to the cutting edge of drum machine tech. I mean, it will even have auxiliary components like the analog filter daughter cards, heard talk of a usb disk reader for this thing to play your old sp disks etc.

some dude said a ways back when this "war" was just starting up that might see a resurgence of "boom-bap" I think we mocked him some, but I can see that now. I mean all the "old heads" I know just collect records now, and barely make music. a $ 20.00 i pad app can do alot to change that. It can render your stems from the app i read as well.
By Fre$hBreath Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:48 am
Cockdiesel wrote:I think the state things are in are great. You can get that sound cheap now with this app, or the s-950 app too.

on the other hand the sp-2400 fits a different niche in this landscape too. Ita a beast and taking the idea of the 1200 taking it to the cutting edge of drum machine tech. I mean, it will even have auxiliary components like the analog filter daughter cards, heard talk of a usb disk reader for this thing to play your old sp disks etc.

some dude said a ways back when this "war" was just starting up that might see a resurgence of "boom-bap" I think we mocked him some, but I can see that now. I mean all the "old heads" I know just collect records now, and barely make music. a $ 20.00 i pad app can do alot to change that. It can render your stems from the app i read as well.

That was me you mocked, but I don't think it will be the old heads that will bring the boom-bap back, it will be the young heads and they will listen to and study the old ways and figure out how to make it fresh and new...
By peterpiper Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:50 am
Cockdiesel wrote: I think we mocked him some, but I can see that now. I mean all the "old heads" I know just collect records now, and barely make music. a $ 20.00 i pad app can do alot to change that. It can render your stems from the app i read as well.

There's just one problem:

Copyright laws

The 'old way' didn't nearly die because of the gear but because people couldn't afford the samples.

peace