Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By ghostkilla Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:55 am
Hi!

Im having some issue with my s950 it has pops n clicks in the beginning of samples, the sound differs a bit when changing the channel output but none of the channels are clean. I did ram test and ram is ok. I chop the sounds in my mpc live and i get no issues when resampling the same sound to my mpc60. I also tried sampling just noise and clicks occur even then. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this?

Cheers Ghost
By NearTao Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:07 pm
I'd try some Deoxit sprayed into the back of the volume and line level knobs... it's probably got a bad connection.

If you take it apart to get the front panel back side exposed you'll see that there is an opening in the base of the knob. Basically you spray the Deoxit in there, and then turn the knob back and forth for 10-20 seconds. It'll help remove the oxidized junk in there and if that is what is causing the noise (basically an electrical short in the circuit) you should have a cleaner sound.
By peterpiper Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:32 pm
Are the clicks always the same (on the same position in time so it sound like it's actually IN the sample)?

peace
By ghostkilla Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:52 am
The click is always in the same position at the very start of a sample. The click occurs almost every time i retrigger a sample even when no sample is currently playing and also when samples cut each other off.

Cheers