Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By momodig Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:26 pm
I have sd-card reader in my S5000... it works great, it saves samples, plays back samples - this isn't my issue... my issue is this... when I take out the sd card and put in my pc to transfer wave files (samples). I put the sd card back into the s5000... and it plays the samples back very distorted, fast and high pitched? I've tried to find a solution for this but cannot... does the s5000 read a certain format of wav... I've tried 16bit 44 and 48 sample rates which thte manual says it's compatable with... any help would be great
By NearTao Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:16 pm
momodig wrote:I'm thinking they might be 24 bit I need 16 bit... I'm not a computer guy and simple way to change the bit rate?\

If you've got a Mac... Fission by rogue amoeba is pretty solid for this purpose.

Edit:
https://rogueamoeba.com/fission/
The reason I like it is that you can use it as a pretty simple audio editor (stop/start position, normalize, etc...), convert a file to a different format pretty easily...

Or... for what I think you want to do, bulk import/exports are pretty manageable to setup a template to load content in any format, and export it out to a specific mono/stereo, frequency, bit depth, etc...
By fobedafied Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:00 am
i dont think s5000 uses Wav files. its been a while so i may be mistaken tbh though. :hmmm:

the pitching sounds like a difference in SAMPLNG RATEs though. bit rate wouldnt matter as that correlates to DYNAMICS and not SAMPLING RATE. :!: :-D

i had a similar issue back int he day when taking sample disks from the remix 16 which was I believe a 32k SAMPLE RATE and trying to use them on an mpc2000/xl. played back way too fast iirc. :idea:
By richie Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:35 am
@fobedafied - the S5000/S6000 read wav files naively.

The S5000/S6000 cannot read 24 bit wav files, he needs to down sample them to 16 bit 44.1khz.