Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Fre$hBreath Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:56 pm

I never heard of Polyend before a few hours ago, but I came across a video on Reddit and I wanted to learn more about it so I ended up on YouTube. So I far I learned that this is a hybrid synth called Medusa that has 3 analog and 3 digital oscillators, a built-in 64-step and that this is a collaboration with Dredbox.

I also found out they are dropping a sampler/synth called tracker on the way...
Last edited by Fre$hBreath on Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Fre$hBreath Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:22 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:I was checking out the Polyend Seq. They make some interesting gear.

I wholeheartedly agree. Polyend are definitely outliers with their products. I want to know what this Tracker is about, this looks exciting! https://www.gearnews.com/polyend-tracke ... er-and-fm/
By Fre$hBreath Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:15 am
Monotremata wrote:They're making a tracker!!! 90s electro kids are gonna love that ****, just like making music on your old 486 or Atari ST hah.

I still have my C-Lab Creator dongle for my old Atari 520ST. Fun times!
By peterpiper Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:38 pm
Tracker as a standalone hardware? Now thats a nice idea. Most of my beats the last few years are made with a tracker (openMPT). I really like the concept of a tracker-software cause to me it feels like instrument (in comparison with a DAW).

peace
By mr_debauch Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:23 am
yeah, I have been trying to follow the tracker on youtube a bit... I been watching the loopop video on it a bit at a time (it's an hour long) .. I don't have the time to sit through the whole thing.

so far, the sample time is a bit weak, but it looks really good
By CharlesRandolph Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:56 pm
mr_debauch wrote:what do you mean by that? i think it does real time recording as well as pattern play for live situations... same as the mpc

It's built for programming just like openMPT. I'm not comparing it to the MPC, just solely based on the work flow and the layout of what is presented. It not hard to understand who they're pushing this towards, look at the Artist Testimonials.
By mr_debauch Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:32 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
mr_debauch wrote:what do you mean by that? i think it does real time recording as well as pattern play for live situations... same as the mpc

It's built for programming just like openMPT. I'm not comparing it to the MPC, just solely based on the work flow and the layout of what is presented. It not hard to understand who they're pushing this towards, look at the Artist Testimonials.

i didn't see the testimonials... but i get what you mean. The hardware looks slick though.