Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Fre$hBreath Tue May 12, 2020 2:05 am
This post was inspired by my very recent purchase of the Korg Minilogue XD Module which a very good friend of mine convinced me to give it a chance and man, I'm seriously loving how this bad boy sounds!

I wasn't expecting to feel this elated, in fact I was ready to send this back if I didn't think it was up to par because I personally gave up on Korg based on my love-hate relationship with my Korg MS-20 Mini. I love how the MS-20 sounds but that 1 MIDI channel is wack AF.

I hope the Korg Wavestate gets the same module treatment as my new Minilogue XD because I'll cop that too. Korg really seems to have gotten their act together. I'm definitely going to keep an open mind to them from now on...

By Fre$hBreath Tue May 12, 2020 4:03 pm
peterpiper wrote:When can we expect the 'All Things Roland Post' and 'All Things Yamaha Post' and 'All Things Akai........oh wait......what was the name of this Forum?

peace

You know what? THAT's A GREAT IDEA! You're a f u c king GENIUS! Thanks...
By Danoc Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:00 pm
:worthy: Dope azz post Yo!!!! You're talking about getting that Korg Piece? LOL :lol: Yo I thought you ran out of room, you are going synth crazy LOL All I can say is Daaaaaaaammmmmmmmm LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fre$hBreath wrote:This post was inspired by my very recent purchase of the Korg Minilogue XD Module which a very good friend of mine convinced me to give it a chance and man, I'm seriously loving how this bad boy sounds!

I wasn't expecting to feel this elated, in fact I was ready to send this back if I didn't think it was up to par because I personally gave up on Korg based on my love-hate relationship with my Korg MS-20 Mini. I love how the MS-20 sounds but that 1 MIDI channel is wack AF.

I hope the Korg Wavestate gets the same module treatment as my new Minilogue XD because I'll cop that too. Korg really seems to have gotten their act together. I'm definitely going to keep an open mind to them from now on...

By Fre$hBreath Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:29 pm
Danoc wrote::worthy: Dope azz post Yo!!!! You're talking about getting that Korg Piece? LOL :lol: Yo I thought you ran out of room, you are going synth crazy LOL All I can say is Daaaaaaaammmmmmmmm LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fre$hBreath wrote:This post was inspired by my very recent purchase of the Korg Minilogue XD Module which a very good friend of mine convinced me to give it a chance and man, I'm seriously loving how this bad boy sounds!

I'm most likely going to retire the Roland System-1 and TR-8 once the Behringer RD-9 is released and possibly my Arturia MiniBrute too...
By Christov Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:14 am
Got a OG Microkorg which I bought pretty soon as it was released. Always seemed to like it, but never really did much with it. Now with the covid-shit going on I finally started messing with it for basslines and its great in that respect. So that means I probably use about 3 off the 128 patches haha, but I'm cool with it. The whole synthesis aspect I can't really be bothered with yet, it's too intimidating I guess. And if it sounds good, I'm good.

Recently bought a Microkorg XL+ after seeing some Youtube videos. Looks like a interesting compagnion for it, got some nice stocksounds plus I love the look. The fact that it can load the entire Microkorg library plus MS2000 library is a great thing to have.

Also had a Monologue for a while which wasn't really for me. But a great machine.
By Danoc Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:24 pm
@FRESHBREATH, Is this you? LOL hahaaaa :lol: :lol: :lol: You do not have enough room for another synth man LOL

By Monotremata Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:47 pm
Danoc wrote:@FRESHBREATH, Is this you? LOL hahaaaa :lol: :lol: :lol: You do not have enough room for another synth man LOL

HAH MPC60mk2 spotted behind the desk chair!

Watched a couple demos of the OpSix at Gearslutz yesterday that thing sounds pretty **** awesome. Not a big fan of the DX7, think it was way overused like the TB303, but this thing makes some rad noise and pads. Behringer is about to start shipping the MonoPoly and then Korg drops this!
By Danoc Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:40 am
Gawd dammm you have a good eye. :lol: :lol: l didn't see the MPC 60 lol

Korg did a slick move dat all :lol:

Monotremata wrote:

HAH MPC60mk2 spotted behind the desk chair!

Watched a couple demos of the OpSix at Gearslutz yesterday that thing sounds pretty **** awesome. Not a big fan of the DX7, think it was way overused like the TB303, but this thing makes some rad noise and pads. Behringer is about to start shipping the MonoPoly and then Korg drops this!
By Fre$hBreath Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:05 pm
Danoc wrote:@FRESHBREATH, Is this you? LOL hahaaaa :lol: :lol: :lol: You do not have enough room for another synth man LOL

Damn :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: