Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By peterpiper Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:27 am
Stadtrand Kollektiv wrote:Hi Guys,

i found out that the problem is not mpc-related. if I switch left and right signal, the output levels change too. I ordered a battle mixer with integrated phono preamps, maybe that will solve the problem.
have a wonderful christmas!

Adding another piece of gear while trying to solve a problem is not a good idea IMO.
Why should a battlemixer solve the problem? OK, it might have a pan knob and you can adjust it so the input levels of the MPC show the same but..... I call this 'workaround' not 'problem solved' cause the cable of turntable will still be damaged
or
the needle of the turntable is still worn
or
the little cable(s) from the cartridge to the headshell still have contact issue
or
the cartridge is still not correctly aligned to the headshell
or
peace

Merry Christmas!
By 83dude Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:59 pm
Just a quick addition: Usually, if recording from vinyl produces a louder left/right level and you can eliminate cable, cartridge, needle etc., your anti-skating is set too strong/weak. Depending where on the record that sample is, you might need to adjust it more often than one would like. :-D

Grüßlis
By terry towelling Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:19 am
rebuilding the power supply in any older gear is always a good idea. it's easy and cheap and can be done without risking damaging other components.
but, I reckon their is a failed resistor somewhere that is causing the overloaded sound signal. the rec gain pot is itself a resistor -- a variable resistor. it could be as simple as replacing the rec gain pot.
if that doesn't fix it, just keep following the signal path back from the rec gain pot and replacing any resisters that look bad.