Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Fre$hBreath Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:46 pm
I used to own SP-808, but I never really used it. do you know if it has any of the special features of the SP-303 or SP-404 like the vinyl effect and that horrible over squeezed compression that all the Lo-Fi kids go crazy for, for whatever reason?
By Danswift Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:13 am
Fre$hBreath wrote:I used to own SP-808, but I never really used it. do you know if it has any of the special features of the SP-303 or SP-404 like the vinyl effect and that horrible over squeezed compression that all the Lo-Fi kids go crazy for, for whatever reason?

SP- 808 has several different vinyl simulation patches saved as default, which you can edit and re-save.

The 808 vinyl simulator also has no built-in compression like the SP-303 or SP404 OG unfortunately.

In general the onboard FX of the SP-808 are excellent, I've owned both the SP-808 & 808-EX versions, the main problem is these machines were released at the wrong time alas,the archilles heel of the samplers being the use of Zip Drives for sample playback witch are pretty unreliable and prone to disc corruption and crashing.