Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Seamus o bottle Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:59 pm
Hi all

I'm a noob with hardware samplers, so I'm not sure if I'm just missing something obvious with my Akai S950 - I'd prefer that to a hardware or firmware problem.

On the disk page it says that I have 28% memory utilised, but I'm also unable to load more samples without getting a memory full message. Trying to load the disk from power on gives the same error message.

The disk had 51% of memory used, which I had saved to the disk from sampler memory in a previous session, so clearly I had gotten beyond 28% memory before.

I've done the RAM check and it came back ok. I have the full memory expansion (1536 kwords).

I'm also using a Gotek USB floppy emulator, in case that's relevant.

Has anyone else seen/heard about this before? Any ideas what the problem could be and potential solutions?

Cheers
Seamus
By terry towelling Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:21 am
congrats on the s950 purchase.

it's probably the issue with the usb floppy emulator.
try this...format one of the floppy images using the 950.
if that fixes things, then take the usb drive out, put it in your computer and then duplicate that one good floppy image.

i had issues with my usb floppy emulator on an asr10. it took a bit of work to getting it sorted on the asr10. somehow i copied a corrupted or wrong disk image and after that i was chasing my tail for days trying to get things working.