Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By hok-2 Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:01 pm
Just wondering if any of you could give me a bit of advice on the best way to use these two together?
I recently bought a Korg Triton to use as my main keyboard/sound module becouse, I wanted a decent keyboard with a good bank of pianos, strings and a built in sampler? Sold!

I tottaly dig it.
Just having a bit of trouble with the correct midi settings on the Triton, idealy I'd like to use my mpc2000 as the drum module and the Triton's 16 track sequencer for all the keys/bass etc.
No computer stuff, to work out ideas and embellish later on.

I did a search on here but, didnt find what I was after.
I'm very familair with my Mpc2000, or so I think. But not with this Triton and would appreciate any O.G's advice as I know its a ideal combination once I get familiar with it.

My problems are - getting more than one track playing on the Triton
- Which one is best to have as the master sequencer
- Do I have to use the Triton on the Generall Midi setting
Anyway, any help and advice would be appreciated.
Peeeace!
By Lampdog Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:31 pm
Wuddup.

I had Triton Extreme and 2kxl for a decade + and it IS a damn good combo.

Use Triton in SEQ mode! That way all 16 channels are available (multi-timbral). Each channel needs it’s own unique midi #, I made them the same as chnl #.

Put a Triton instrument in each chnl. On MPC, choose MIDI TYPE track.

Triton has a higher sequencer resolution, mpc sequencer is much more user friendly. I always used 2kxl as Master/sequencer.
By hok-2 Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:11 am
All on Midi chanel 1?
They are both in synce but I've never seen my Mpc reconise anything in this way. OR had the option of programs befefore.
Its working but just seems a fluke and I have to make it stabble.
Seqeuncer mode is dope, I just dont need to do the drums as I have plenty of drums patterns I'v allready did on my Mpc2000. And I dont realy like The Triton Drum bank munch. No offence to Timbo and Neptunes. The jazz brush kit is nice, the rest Isnt much use to me.
Seen, I can do it from sequencer mode?
Nearly figured it out. Thanks for your advive.

Extreme is the one with all the cards?
And the distortion valve?
Meh, I hate distortoin. I was interested in the Studio version With wheighted keys and all the pianos but it was £200 more
This one cost £290 quid should, last me a few years a investestment in myself.
The strings and motion syntthes are one note trip outs.
fugal horns! I had a Novation synth before this and it was rubbish.
I think me and this Triton might get along.
Thanks man, secouncer mode, got it
Big ups!
By Lampdog Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:16 am
Yes, it had the analog tube in it. I had the silver classic before and then went Extreme as soon as they came out, I was COMPLETELY happy with the Extreme 2001 to late 2019!

Triton classic manual
http://cdn.korg.com/us/support/download/files/6599e33b87e991b60dadb0016b8376a0.pdf?response-content-disposition=inline%3Bfilename%3DTRITON_BG_E4.pdf&response-content-type=application%2Fpdf%3B

A bonus that you probably didn’t think of, you have a vocoder in Triton!
https://c3.zzounds.com/media/TritonsVocoding-0828f5db2aa823c5411b9727c2614d60.pdf

Triton can be a 2chnl mixer (line in) and a full fledged efx box, 5 fx’s and 1 master I think it was.

The below example from the mpc 2kxl manual but should be the same menu, it gives you an mpc midi track on midi port A, chnl 10. “S” is for recording on a single track. “M” is for multiple tracks at the same time. So following my Triton chnl# /midi# advice that would be Triton track 10.

Change “Gch” to the same chnl it’s on. 1=1, 2=2, etc. This is the number on the mpc midi track / device you will using. “device” simply means midi #, it = triton midi chnl.

Give triton tracks diff numbers and you van access all 16 on mpc midi tracks when dialing in the device numbers.