Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Christov Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:07 pm
Shaptonmalletpig wrote:Probably either my NINTENDO switch or
Hmmmmm the awesome ANBERNIC RG-350m

Peace

Ha nice one. I got me a LDK Horizontal about a year and a half ago and love that. Just preordered the Retroid Pocket 2. Got alot of long communltes by train ahead when the whole lockdown ends so having some games to play is nice.

But studiowise, I gotta say my MicroKorg. Had it for years and didnt use it much, but with the whole lockdown I've started laying down basslines with it. Never had to do it previously, either just filtered or got a friend who played bass guitar to come over. Really happy I started doing it myself after all these years.
By DokBrown Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:16 pm
Shaptonmalletpig wrote:
Lampdog wrote:Image

Nah man THIS is a soulless way to scratch that retro itch :-D

The fun is seeing 8-BIT machines struggle with there limited 3.7 MHz processors!!
Throwing a schit load of sprites around the screen!!
Pc engine MINI all day long :nod: RONDO OF BLOOD!!!!
Love some Metroid-Vania’s :nod: :nod:

MUSICALLY: korg EMX electribe

I may cop the new electron model cycles. It makes FM synthesis very portable & EZ.

LIFESAVER: FIIO X1
for porting around my sketches since I don’t actually take my MPC live with me everywhere . . . . .

https://www.fiio.com/x1ii

RANDOM: linux laptop

LAMP – my ableton windows laptop just crashed. I currently have Ubuntu LTS running on it but was thinking about trying a more exotic distro like netrunner or ??? any suggestions ???
By bees80 Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:43 pm
DokBrown wrote:
I may cop the new electron model cycles. It makes FM synthesis very portable & EZ.

same for goes the elektron digitone. It's so easy and fun to program. comparing to (if you have ever owned) a yamaha DX.. Sounds totally different though.
By Bezo Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:03 pm
Komplete Kontrol S61. I use a lot of NI and NKS VIs. Having control over them without having to reach for a mouse is priceless. And it's integrated with Studio One, also reducing the use of a mouse.
By Monotremata Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:35 pm
bees80 wrote:Where are the flowers?

Probably got smoked ages ago! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :smoker:

I posted the full shot of that over at Mac Rumors before in one of those 'show your Mac mini setup' threads and didn't even realize that was in the open until one of the folks commented on it. Somebody figured me out and straight up asked 'So between the bong and the EMU/MPC, Im gonna guess youre an old 90s DnB guy?' hahaha.
By antic604 Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:17 am
I think Launchpad X!

It's got the perfect form factor in terms of size & weight, doesn't need separate power and - most importantly - it now works with any DAW (or hardware, like MPC) without dedicated script, allowing to restrict the "keyboard" to key & scale + giving access to 3 user-defined custom pages that can be pianos, CC sliders, drum pads, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXCdxT1nXPg

Considering that I'm a shit keyboard player, it practically replaced the M32 for me.