Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Lampdog Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:48 pm
I didn’t know it had control like this.
Imagine if q-links could control like this instead of just showing values.

..and now Summit..

By DokBrown Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:57 am
I’ve always wanted to scoop the ultranova.
I browsed the manual on this unit & the sound engine is powerful
I like the interface better than the mininova, I hate small knobs/screens.

Since I am not a real keyboard player, I stick to monophonic analog machines . . . . . . 1 of My dreams is to team up with another MPC user who main weapon is a ultranova/digital piano
By Lampdog Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:31 am
As many years I’ve had kybds you’d figure I could actually play. Nope.
By bliprock Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:34 am
OK lets see where do I start. The MiniNova and UltraNova share the same engine and I have the mini with the live. I have made a program specifically for this synth. Novations CC mapping is kinda crap actually and so is the mod matrix, I mean it is good but not like a Waldorf blofeld. Now the Animate buttons are kinda ok, but the tweak knobs are less so as you need to do the mod first and then that mod can be linked to the tweak knobs but usually just the mod amount. that sucks. that is a work around and also means you can not control everything you want with the knobs. But with some forethought and some work you can get to this level
In fact I think the MPC Live is better to tweak with than the actually knobs but really that is an opinion and depends on what and how you do it. Yeah in fact I am thinking of mapping 2 programs to get more options. But I would give my left nut for an Iridium.
Oh and really the smaller screen makes no diff really as its what it shows and you still have to menu dive and frankly the smaller screen has much bigger text so seems better to me.