Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Fre$hBreath Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:09 pm
I'm not overwhelmingly impressed, but I'm also not gonna be closed minded to it anymore. It's a wait and see situation as of now...
By Bezo Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:25 pm
A standalone Maschine always has a chance with me because of my investment in KK and NKS VIs. But they missed a few things that would've made this a no brainer for me, and the price is not at all competitive.

I know they have the USB hub, but 2 of my 3 synths are 5-pin MIDI only. And 4GB of RAM is better than 2, but why not 8+ with how cheap RAM is? I'm not sure if there's a keygroup equivalent, but I know 2GB gets eaten by 2 quality keygroups on the Live. Assuming Maschine would focus more on standalone VIs, I expected more. It seems they're only offering synths, no sampled VIs. I wonder if the limited RAM is a reason.

But yeah, hopefully this provides the competition needed to push Akai.
By Fre$hBreath Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:33 pm
I can't see this as a credible enough of a threat to push Akai. I wouldn't be surprised if Pete and Goeff have been giggling all day long...
By Bezo Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:46 pm
Fre$hBreath wrote:I can't see this as a credible enough of a threat to push Akai. I wouldn't be surprised if Pete and Goeff have been giggling all day long...

Even with the Maschine MKIII not being standalone, it was indirect competition. The + being standalone is direct competition.

The price and no battery hurts a little, but there's enough there to entice new customers. Established MPC heads might not consider it, but many others will. New customers is where the money is.
By antic604 Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:00 pm
Fre$hBreath wrote:I can't see this as a credible enough of a threat to push Akai. I wouldn't be surprised if Pete and Goeff have been giggling all day long...

Of course it is, even if it's not 2nd coming of Jesus it's enough for people to start considering whether to get MPC or Machine+

And in my case, if this was announced few months ago, I'd probably go for Maschine+ because Massive, Monark, FM8, Prism, Reaktor & Kontakt, Retro Machines and Drum Synths sound much more enticing than what we have in MPC, especially since we've no idea whether Hype, Drum Synth or that FM synth are ever coming...

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... us/sounds/
By Bezo Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:38 pm
Certified Beatz wrote:4gb of ram this is where akai dropped the ball.. also im sure u can use a USB keyboard like on live or X &one.

They just priced themselves out of the market with this

Someone mention unlimited audio, indicating there might be streaming. If so, 4GB might be plenty. Still wish they went with 8GB, assuming how many standalone instruments should be coming. RAM is very cheap nowadays.

I'm curious how their own KK boards are integrated standalone.

Yeah, the price may ultimately keep me away. Too many shortcuts to justify the price. The I/O is a bit short of the One, for example.
By SuperKonquer Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:29 pm
1400 bucks is quite alot but having a full fledged pc level vst hosting drum maschine can make this quite useful. Massive and fm8 are amazing synths. Get kontakt in there and it's probably worth evey penny. Ill probably buy it just so I can have ni vsts in a standalone box next to the mpc.