Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Fre$hBreath Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:40 am
Why are we acting like the standalone Maschine+ didn't drop a blackhole on the beat-making universe?
Probably because no one really gives a f u c k...

Another case of too little, too late...

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
Native Instruments Maschine+ is an immersive, standalone groovebox for production and performance. It offers a fast, intuitive workflow for control over sampling, synthesis, and effects, plus premium sounds from Native Instruments.

FEATURES:
Immersive standalone workflow for creating beats and melodies, sampling, arranging music, and performing on stage or in the studio
Includes Maschine+ Selection with industry-leading instruments, sounds, and effects, plus renowned Maschine drum and bass synth plug-ins and effects
Quad-core CPU and 4 GB RAM for fast, seamless creation when it counts
Pro-grade, 44 kHz/32-bit audio interface with 2 x ¼” TRS line outputs, 2 x ¼” TRS line inputs, ¼” dynamic mic input, stereo headphone output, 1 x MIDI In, 1 x MIDI out; 1 x Footswitch, 2 x USB ports for MIDI controllers/external HDDs
Robust, anodized aluminum design for years on the road and in the studio
Iconic Maschine features and workflow including 16 velocity-sensitive pads, Maschine effects and plugins, swing, pad link, note repeat, step sequencer, and vintage sampler emulation
Use standalone or with a computer – integrate with your studio workflow, and unplug for DAW-less setups or live performances
WiFi and Link enabled for wirelessly installing and updating products, collaborating with others, and syncing with other gear
HARDWARE SPECIFICATIONS:
Quad-core processor
4GB dual channel DDR3L RAM
32 GB internal eMMC flash storage (for OS and factory content)
2x color displays (480 x 272)
64GB SD card included
WiFi enabled
INCLUDED SOFTWARE
Maschine+ includes Maschine+ Selection, a curated package of instruments, effects, and Expansions chosen for use in both standalone and controller mode:

Maschine FACTORY LIBRARY

8GB library of high-quality sounds, drum kits, multi-sampled instruments, patterns, projects, and sliced loops, Bass Synth, and Drum Synths: 5 fully tweakable, automatable drum plug-ins.

INSTRUMENTS:

FM8, MASSIVE, MONARK, PRISM, REAKTOR Factory Selection R2, KONTAKT Factory Selection, RETRO MACHINES.

EFFECTS:

RAUM, PHASIS.

EXPANSIONS:

DEEP MATTER, LILAC GLARE, SOLAR BREEZE, TRUE SCHOOL, VELVET LOUNGE (Plus voucher for two additional Expansions).

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
STANDALONE MODE:

You can use Maschine+ without a computer, but you’ll need a wireless internet connection and your Native ID to get set up.

CONTROLLER MODE:

macOS 10.14 or 10.15 (latest update), Intel Core i5, 4 GB RAM
Windows 10 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit only), Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU, 4 GB RAM, USB 2.0 Port, 9 GB free disk space for Maschine software and Maschine Library, 24 GB free disk space for Maschine+ Selection.
By Fre$hBreath Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:13 am
Lampdog wrote:I said before, I’d be interested if they came with a standalone. Thanks for the info.

I'm not impressed with this at all, and they want $1,400 for this s h i t????
By W. Steele Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:17 am
I'm an admitted die hard Maschine fanboy and this will get a hard pass from me. I'm just looking forward to that S2400 showing up in the mail.

Edit: And the screens aren't even touch screens?? Guess we will wait another 5-10 years for NI to get it together on Maschine + MKII (and then who knows what will be the "it" thing then).
By MPC-Tutor Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:29 am
interesting to see how this works, I think it's important to not necessarily compare it like-for-like to the MPCs, for example the lack of touchscreen, because maybe they've come up with a better UI and workflow that doesn't need a touchscreen. A lot of the MPC touchscreen usage is fairly pedestrian, plus aren't most people always banging on about needing more dedicated buttons as they hate having to reach for the touchscreen? Looking forward to the reviews.
By JVC Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:11 pm
Are we gonna pretend like the Maschine+ didn't happen?

It's fair to say that it hasn't happened yet, since NI hasn't released the product, and it seems like they (NI) are asking those website publishers to withdraw the articles.
I've never owned any of NI products (I don't buy hardware that often, I'm still on MPC2000XL!), but I've been wanting to try out Maschine. Maschine console look sharp and inspiring. Like Lamp, I like standalone units. For some reason, I don't see myself using the current Akai MPC lines. I hope NI won't go under.
By NearTao Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:36 pm
It will be interesting to see what they have operating under the hood... if it's an intel system... I'd imagine a lot more people would be looking to hack in VSTs and other synths. On the other hand, if it's closed like the Akai MPC system, well... we'll see how it works out.

Like tutor mentioned... if they can get Kontakt fully ported over, that's super interesting... I'd be interested to see the Reaktor integration as well. If you're able to pop off of the PC to move Reaktor patches into this device, it certainly becomes a whole lot more interesting.

On the flip side... my concern is that "standalone" likely limits integration... and it's likely that a lot (if not most of) the NI synths won't work on this box. They've also been dabbling in some of the newer CPU architecture (see Massive X), that even if this is an Intel CPU, likely won't run on this box.

To me, the lack of a touch screen is not a deal breaker, but it also puts a pretty hard limit on what the interface can do in the future... where as on the Akai MPC, Akai could always add some context buttons, shortcuts, or what have you on the touch screen, that would otherwise require a brand new hardware model release. Last year, I would've wondered why there was no battery on this box... but given I'm not traveling these days... at the moment it's not a big deal. Interested to see what they do and what the future may bring.

If anything, a bit more competition in the market is EDIT: always a good thing, and it will be interesting to see what features Akai deems necessary to deliver to the Akai line to respond to the announcement.