Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By TrackDiesel Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:34 pm
Before i bought the One a few weeks ago i tried out the + and i just didn't like the work flow or sequencer. I had the same issue years ago with the mk1, i got talked into buying it and hated it. The one and live are kind of perfect to me
By Lampdog Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:46 pm
For a brief moment I was interested in M+, but I started hearing doubts from NI users, I started reading online this same thing, people weren’t warming up to it. I left it alone.
By Ultros Sat May 08, 2021 1:58 am
Idgaf what others say, you dont know what is usful til you try it. Think about all the other peices of useless crap that we own and make work somewhere. I am not obtuse to the idea of purchasing one perhaps it has elements that are useful. Lets be honest, these virtualized mpc units we all own are no dream either. They're buggy, lack luster, they advertise features that dont exist, work at all, or the theory is flat out wrong and makes the developers at akai appear to have zero actual hardware experience. What's the difference?
By Fre$hBreath Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:02 pm
Ultros wrote:Idgaf what others say, you dont know what is usful til you try it. Think about all the other peices of useless **** that we own and make work somewhere. I am not obtuse to the idea of purchasing one perhaps it has elements that are useful. Lets be honest, these virtualized mpc units we all own are no dream either. They're buggy, lack luster, they advertise features that dont exist, work at all, or the theory is flat out wrong and makes the developers at akai appear to have zero actual hardware experience. What's the difference?

Considering that our MPCs/Forces are far more advanced than Maschine+ which I actually purchased and returned because it was so lackluster and fell flat in impressing me a very easy-going person who is not that hard to please when it comes to technology, I think that speaks volumes...
By Straker Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:04 pm
Putting a cheap Cpu for 10 years old synths that the cheap cpu struggles to handle, doesn't make maschine a new thing.
Let's say it, maschine was already going to be a thing of the past and they just tried to give it a new fashion but it didn't work.
By Danoc Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:38 am
:worthy: WORD !!!
Straker wrote:Putting a cheap Cpu for 10 years old synths that the cheap cpu struggles to handle, doesn't make maschine a new thing.
Let's say it, maschine was already going to be a thing of the past and they just tried to give it a new fashion but it didn't work.
By glide Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:56 pm
Iam looking at the plus.. Vs the One which has got my attention since akai dropped the amazing Os upgrade..

What drags me to the akai, (Ive been on mpc's since the late 90s.. So I know the structure.. Is

MPC
*versatile lyering, round robin (wich it had cut off perlayer ala 4k.. But simultaneously pad play and round robin is aces
*the loop tail function (loop in release ob 4k)
*4x Fx every pad + pad fx
*two lfo's multiple waveforms/noise go into audio rate

Yet the Machine ia built incredibly slick /highest quality encoders, beautiful casing, slick has USB class compatible option for IO

Machine
*The flow is amazing.. Instant access to seq comands /realtime?
*LOCK STATE.. IS OFF THE WALL/. Does the mpc have anything like that?? .. This feature is highly atractive.. Dont think any box has ever gotten this so right
* The plugins sound way better compared to akai, Ni syntha are on another level vs the akais ( curious: has anyone compared the drum synth in a A/B?

Its a tuff call.. I dont know what the fx structure is like on the machina.. But I like waht akai has done (downloaded beats and and I like the fx.. Very akai crispy and detailed.. Any comments on how they compare to 3rd party vst?

Akais new loop and pad fx are attractive but NI workflow, synth sound s and lock mode are amazing..

Ive heard complaints avout the sampler filter and fx quality in the Machine..

I would highly appreciate if someone who has solid experience on both units could chime in... Please no fan boy crap... Just a honest take on fidelity and quality.. Filters and fx, envelopes speed/snappyness and the sampler modulation options.. straight sample playback of the same sample on both units vs whole mix (summing) qualities /frequency..

And Can eather machine do cc independently from note track (ssort of like modular sequencers) without 3rd party vst?

How is mapping 3rd VSTs to qlinks handeled.. Can I use the touch UI to control VSTs?

Anyone have insight on the OS roadmap for eather device?

Thank you
By Pad Pusher Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:23 pm
glide wrote:Iam looking at the plus.. Vs the One which has got my attention since akai dropped the amazing Os upgrade..

What drags me to the akai, (Ive been on mpc's since the late 90s.. So I know the structure.. Is

MPC
*versatile lyering, round robin (wich it had cut off perlayer ala 4k.. But simultaneously pad play and round robin is aces
*the loop tail function (loop in release ob 4k)
*4x Fx every pad + pad fx
*two lfo's multiple waveforms/noise go into audio rate

Yet the Machine ia built incredibly slick /highest quality encoders, beautiful casing, slick has USB class compatible option for IO

Machine
*The flow is amazing.. Instant access to seq comands /realtime?
*LOCK STATE.. IS OFF THE WALL/. Does the mpc have anything like that?? .. This feature is highly atractive.. Dont think any box has ever gotten this so right
* The plugins sound way better compared to akai, Ni syntha are on another level vs the akais ( curious: has anyone compared the drum synth in a A/B?

Its a tuff call.. I dont know what the fx structure is like on the machina.. But I like waht akai has done (downloaded beats and and I like the fx.. Very akai crispy and detailed.. Any comments on how they compare to 3rd party vst?

Akais new loop and pad fx are attractive but NI workflow, synth sound s and lock mode are amazing..

Ive heard complaints avout the sampler filter and fx quality in the Machine..

I would highly appreciate if someone who has solid experience on both units could chime in... Please no fan boy crap... Just a honest take on fidelity and quality.. Filters and fx, envelopes speed/snappyness and the sampler modulation options.. straight sample playback of the same sample on both units vs whole mix (summing) qualities /frequency..

And Can eather machine do cc independently from note track (ssort of like modular sequencers) without 3rd party vst?

How is mapping 3rd VSTs to qlinks handeled.. Can I use the touch UI to control VSTs?

Anyone have insight on the OS roadmap for eather device?

Thank you

I’ve used both fairly extensively (aside from features that I will mention) my overall opinion as someone who has owned and dearly loved the 60, 2000xl, 1000, 2500, and using the 2500 as a baseline was that the Live fell severely short in many areas and although it sounds pretty great for sampling purposes at least. The Maschine Plus excels in lots of areas but is still quite buggy.

The filters built in to the channels on the Akai units sound better but Maschine’s filter unit sound great IMO.

The Akai units sound great (cheesy cheap sounding plug ins aside, I know people may disagree) the Maschine plug ins sound phenomenal IMO although editing options for some of them (massive etc) are scaled back. The overall sound at the output is better on the Akai units, the Maschine is fairly highly colouring IMO so may be a case of taste, additionally you can use external interfaces to alter the tone somewhat, kind of makes it feel more like picking amps out for a guitar or e piano, has it’s ups and downs. Maschine glitches from time to time and requires a little workaround currently.

Lock states absolutely rule, you can edit just about anything instantly or over a set time on the fly pretty seemlessy.

Fx are ok but expansive on the MPC it’s seems, they are great but limited on the Maschine, Raum is incredible though.

Workflow of the new MPC’s is severely hampered compared to Maschine or old models IMO.

Envelopes are much snappier and more useful on the MPCs, maschines are very limited and a bit lacklustre.

Lfo’s, mod and velocity are hugely versatile in Maschine but I never had issues with them on the MPC
Summing

Midi routing etc I’m not too sure about as I used the units mostly with audio signals.

***Os roadmap, I’ve no idea as I sold the Live just before the latest update but the Maschine is about to get 1.4, this should address some of the bugs and is meant to add an auto sampler that the MPCs already have, beyond that, NI are famously bad at communicating, so who knows.

All of this said, I’m still glad I chose the Plus (~£600 wiped off the brand new value since the purchase aside) but the 2500 is still my choice if I’m trying to make a serious piece of music.

Hope that’s some help, I know lots of people disagree on some points so don’t take my word for anything lol.
By HammyHavoc Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:40 pm
Ultros wrote:Idgaf what others say, you dont know what is usful til you try it. Think about all the other peices of useless crap that we own and make work somewhere. I am not obtuse to the idea of purchasing one perhaps it has elements that are useful. Lets be honest, these virtualized mpc units we all own are no dream either. They're buggy, lack luster, they advertise features that dont exist, work at all, or the theory is flat out wrong and makes the developers at akai appear to have zero actual hardware experience. What's the difference?

Not a modern MPC user, but what features get advertised that don't exist? Had my fair share of that with NI and Maschine, Jam and Komplete Kontrol. A lot of implied functionality, and empty promises made on their forums going back half a decade.

MPC doesn't have PDC either, right? Wondering if either solution is truly fit for purpose in a professional workflow. Not saying great work can't be done in them, evidently it can be, just sceptical. Didn't realize how badly Maschine's lack of PDC was screwing my projects until yesterday. Oh yeah, and they banned me from their forum yesterday as they can't take criticism. :smoker:
By John Doobie Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:11 pm
The encoders on the Plus still have jitter. I owned two.
Same with MK1, MK2, MK3.
The pads on the Plus are excellent though. And the Raum reverb is gorgeous. The sequencer is still pretty barebones. Editing without a computer is a pain the *ss.
I gave up on Maschine (and all of NI) because of the encoder jitter. And overall build quality is just bad, really.
By Danoc Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:40 am
Dam :shock:

John Doobie wrote:The encoders on the Plus still have jitter. I owned two.
Same with MK1, MK2, MK3.
The pads on the Plus are excellent though. And the Raum reverb is gorgeous. The sequencer is still pretty barebones. Editing without a computer is a pain the *ss.
I gave up on Maschine (and all of NI) because of the encoder jitter. And overall build quality is just bad, really.