Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Danoc Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:20 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:
NOC <----Fell the crap out!!! Yo Enoch you're a dam riot :lol:

We can fast forward to now and beyond. Its 2020 to 2021 etc, get some Roland cloud joint with the System one and eight like me, put it on your lappy and go.

Enoch but first tell Unreal this also so he won't embarrass himself again carrh tgat big arse keyboard :lol:

EnochLight wrote:
if my Board of Directors happened to stop by and see my System 8 and Live setup, I wouldn't even know where to begin explaining.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
By NearTao Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:37 pm
EnochLight wrote:I don't mean to digress, but I just wanted to say: can we change jobs? :lol: I have a private office with essentially no one over me, however; if my Board of Directors happened to stop by and see my System 8 and Live setup, I wouldn't even know where to begin explaining.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm on conference calls all day from home since I cannot go into the office. Still fairly frequently get asked about the euro rack gear behind me with the question of "are you building a bomb?"
By Danoc Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:45 am
NearTao wrote:
Still fairly frequently get asked about the euro rack gear behind me with the question of "are you building a bomb?"

Ok lm died lol blaaah :lol: hoooo crap lmao :lol:
WTF are people thinking :lol:
By Unreallystic Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:34 pm
EnochLight wrote:I don't mean to digress, but I just wanted to say: can we change jobs? :lol: I have a private office with essentially no one over me, however; if my Board of Directors happened to stop by and see my System 8 and Live setup, I wouldn't even know where to begin explaining.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
They've just gotten use to it. Whenever I take my lunch *when in office, still working from home* I make a mad dash to a break out room, and instead of sitting down and having lunch with others, I inhale whatever food I have while the Live is booting up, to give me a solid hour of time alone to work on music with no distractions, its great having terrible internet there too, there are NO distractions, its just a small room with a phone and laptop connection in it. I used to work at music at my desk, but I'd get sideways glances - something I'm already uncomfortable with (only black guy in office, and 6'6 to boot), or everyone would tell me their war stories about stuff they had or help they need setting up stuff for church (I helped, but DISTRACTION).

I could make more else where, but I DO like my job for the flexibility, I don't think I could still pursue music if I worked elsewhere.
- Unreall
By Unreallystic Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:40 pm
Danoc wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:
NOC <----Fell the **** out!!! Yo Enoch you're a dam riot :lol:

We can fast forward to now and beyond. Its 2020 to 2021 etc, get some Roland cloud joint with the System one and eight like me, put it on your lappy and go.

Enoch but first tell Unreal this also so he won't embarrass himself again carrh tgat big arse keyboard :lol:

I love that keyboard!

The worse though was bringing my FA-06, MX-1, D-05, and Tr-8 in, and then setting it up at my desk (with stands). It was a fun lunch break, but I felt like an old school DJ carrying around so much gear.

These days I only travel with either the Laptop & a couple Fires for FL, laptop and launchpad mk3 for Ableton, or the Live and launchpad. I try not ot move my bigger keyboards much anymore, though I did buy a keyboard to just leave at work - I just hated the keyboard so much after using it for a little bit, that I didn't bother (Nektar Panaroma something, I like the form factor, I don't need 20 knobs for software control, just wanted a full size keyboard that was cheap, but that keybed was disgusting).
- Unreall
By EnochLight Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:45 pm
Unreallystic wrote:though I did buy a keyboard to just leave at work - I just hated the keyboard so much after using it for a little bit, that I didn't bother (Nektar Panaroma something, I like the form factor, I don't need 20 knobs for software control, just wanted a full size keyboard that was cheap, but that keybed was disgusting).
- Unreall

Funny you should mention that - I've got the Nektar Panorama P4 - got it the first few months they were announced, so it's a "first gen" keybed from July 2012. I reached out to tech support last year and after some back and forth, they sent me out an allegedly "new and improved" keybed that I can replace my existing with. That was like... 8 or 9 months ago. It's still sitting in my basement in a box - I haven't the time nor inclination to switch it out. Really wonder how much of an improvement it would be, though.
By Unreallystic Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:26 pm
EnochLight wrote:Funny you should mention that - I've got the Nektar Panorama P4 - got it the first few months they were announced, so it's a "first gen" keybed from July 2012. I reached out to tech support last year and after some back and forth, they sent me out an allegedly "new and improved" keybed that I can replace my existing with. That was like... 8 or 9 months ago. It's still sitting in my basement in a box - I haven't the time nor inclination to switch it out. Really wonder how much of an improvement it would be, though.

Just looked it up, it wasn't the Panaroma - I keep thinking of those because of Reason, its the Impact, I think the GX61. There was NO level of expression, it was like no voltage, half voltage, full voltage - and nothing in between for each key.
- Unreall
By Danoc Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:15 pm
:shock: OMG, what in the hell? You're a better man than me lugging all that to the job. Dam you're dedicated :lol:

:vomit: Nektar keybed is the worse. Plastic feel is terrible.

Unreallystic wrote:
I love that keyboard!

The worse though was bringing my FA-06, MX-1, D-05, and Tr-8 in, and then setting it up at my desk (with stands). It was a fun lunch break, but I felt like an old school DJ carrying around so much gear.

These days I only travel with either the Laptop & a couple Fires for FL, laptop and launchpad mk3 for Ableton, or the Live and launchpad. I try not ot move my bigger keyboards much anymore, though I did buy a keyboard to just leave at work - I just hated the keyboard so much after using it for a little bit, that I didn't bother (Nektar Panaroma something, I like the form factor, I don't need 20 knobs for software control, just wanted a full size keyboard that was cheap, but that keybed was disgusting).
- Unreall
By Danoc Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:19 pm
I can say nothing but laugh lol :lol:

NearTao wrote:I am now ready to not only pretend that the Maschine+ didn't happen, but beyond that I am prepared to ignore it completely so that I can focus all of my thoughts and energy on what Akai is going to do to the exclusion of everything else.

#AkaiPartisanship4Life