Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By d2ba Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:46 am
http://www.rossum-electro.com/products/assimil8or/
this bad boy will give you the best sound since the SP-1200
Since its release its been almost impossible to keep up with demand for the last 18 months as it instantly sells out. I would rather have this product more than the SP-2400 as its the real thing --Designed and built by Rossum

Unique timbral capabilities with the ability to phase modulate samples by external analog signals or by other samples (a first, we believe).
Variable sample fidelity with independently selectable sample rate and bit depth.
Real-time CV control of bit depth.
Real-time CV control of aliasing (from virtually none to lots).
By NearTao Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:45 pm
I have it, and it is a solid sampler, but it is not an SP-1200 or SP-2400 replacement. As a sampler it is great, but you'll need to invest into the euro rack ecosystem if you really want to get the most out of it since it doesn't have a sequencer, much of any fx, or other automation. Sure you can use it to sample CV automation to self modulate, but this isn't quite as straightforward as modulation with envelopes or an LFO.

If you're into it, definitely check it out, and the manual has some suggestions on bit/alias and other settings to get similar sounds to older gear... so you can definitely emulate/simulate it... but it's also not quite the same.

Hope you find it if you're still interested in it though, it is a fun unit :D
By Monotremata Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:00 pm
The magic fairy dust from any EMU sampler isn't going to be in the Assimil8or. It'll be in the Morpheus filter module, or if he ever happens to make an ADC module with the same guts so you can overdrive the **** out of it on the way in like you can an EIV.
By richie Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:13 am
A friend of mine sold his SP1200 soon after getting the Assimil8or. Granted, he felt that he had figured it out enough to get it as close to the SP1200 to no longer require the SP in his workflow.

I'm not mentioning this to necessarily make a point but clearly there are people that are enjoying the Assimil8or.