Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Danoc Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:13 am
Seems like Korg is coming with a new hardware gem. 61 key cost $1,999. Im sure we can find a discount somewhere lol

Korg Nautilus workstation: It’s official! All the specs, all the details, right here.

Here are the key features:

Nine different sound engines offer massive expressive power
New sounds offered over three broad categories
The DYNAMICS knob makes delicate expression possible
Make intuitive changes to sounds with the Realtime knobs
A user interface designed for easy operation
Convenient arpeggiator and drum track functions
Set list mode that demonstrates its power in live performances
Open Sampling System
16-Track MIDI Sequencer / 16-Track Audio Recorder
16 Onboard Effect Processors
USB/MIDI Host Ports Accommodate MIDI Control Surface
Smooth sound transitions that eliminate dropouts when changing sounds, regardless of the mode you’re in
Natural Touch semi-weighted keys
3 versions, with 61, 73 and 88 keys.

https://www.gearnews.com/korg-nautilus- ... e-details/

By Danoc Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:47 pm
NearTao wrote:No HDMI out though

Lmao you got jokes :lol:

:hmmm: That's a good idea though. :roll: :smoker:
By NearTao Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:02 pm
Used to be a huge Korg fanboy myself... really dug a lot of their gear, but man the Triton Studio knocked my socks off... this does look pretty slick, just no room in the studio for it currently :D
By Danoc Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:48 am
Tao man why in the hell did you have to mention HDMI? :lol: Now lm thinking bout it. That would be dope to add any size screen to it without a computer. On my last quest to forming my studio l have plan from a pic l seen. Dude had a keyboard with a screen. Im sure it was where he produce on the side with that keyboard and screen.
I could get a LPD8 or MPC Black and just go. Plus the mouse connection. Produce right there on that keyboard. Sequencer has to be dope though. It has enough room for pads.

I had the Triton rack which is dope and Trinity. So l have the Triton software joint and almost all the Roland software.

So you're saying if you had room you would get it? Blaaah hahaaaha :lol:

NearTao wrote:Used to be a huge Korg fanboy myself... really dug a lot of their gear, but man the Triton Studio knocked my socks off... this does look pretty slick, just no room in the studio for it currently :D
By NearTao Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:28 am
Probably would not get it... but might consider... Triton Studio is not going anywhere... Almost went for the Oasys though... the Karma tech is quite fun.

You probably saw the same vid I did... screen superimposed had me think it had video out at first...
By Danoc Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:54 am
Im looking at this and others and being patient. I just want one dope keyboard. I like this product and that it samples. It has that Kronos thang too. Being able to manipulate sounds is dope.
By dabmeister Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:07 am
Looks interesting. But to make it affordable, Korg left out at least one or two "key" features imo that would make it a "must have". Yeah, they're apparently after the same crowd that are buying the MODX series. But the lack of aftertouch is an option I can't agree with, so I'll pass on this.
By Danoc Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:34 am
True. I don't know why they didn't at least add aftertouch. Its a scaled down of the Kronos but dam. People that play like me woth velocity and expression need that for that magical moment to take a note to another level giving that melody something special.

dabmeister wrote:Looks interesting. But to make it affordable, Korg left out at least one or two "key" features imo that would make it a "must have". Yeah, they're apparently after the same crowd that are buying the MODX series. But the lack of aftertouch is an option I can't agree with, so I'll pass on this.
By Lampdog Fri May 27, 2022 5:00 am
By Lampdog Fri May 27, 2022 7:29 pm