Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Comrade_2.0 Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:37 am
Anyone here got a Volca Sample 2 and is getting an issue with the USB/Librarian connectivity? i tried both on Win 10 and on Mac 11.1 but both give me the same "Couldn't connect to Volca Sample" error at around %5.

i updated the firmware on the Sample 2 and tried to download Korg Drives (couldn't on mac since they don't have them for 11.1 yet) but that didn't help anything.

Was just wondering if anyone here is getting the same issue?
By Ill-Green Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:23 pm
Yeah its well known issue at korgforums.com, the users there are having the same dilemma.

Korg had the VS2 on recall for a brief stint back in September, word was that the new chip was unable to process the coding which derived from the VS1. Korg thought "just beef up the components, throw in the VS1 code and add features", you know, copy and paste bs. But they didn't anticipate to rewrite the entire OS for a new machine or cared. It was "supposely" fixed.

Its still being looked into by the folks at Korg, thats why there is a wait-list at every other retailer, they are going through every VS2 one by one to fix the issue.

As of now, Korg says it works fine... :WTF: