Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Marc The Drummer Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:46 pm
So I have since 3 moths an Elektron Digitakt. It is a great sampler & sequencer but I want to improve the workflow.

Currently the MIDI connections go further:

Elektron Digitakt MIDI OUT -> Akai S900 MIDI IN [MIDI CH 1-4]
Akai S900 MIDI THRU -> AKAI S1000 MIDI IN [MIDI CH 5]
AKAI S1000 MIDI THRU -> EMU ESI 2000 MIDI IN [MIDI CH 6]

When it comes to audio connections all is connected to an old Tascam M308 mixing board. The Tascam 4 group output goes to:
Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre Input 1-2
Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre Input 1-2

1. Is it possible to route for example: Kick - Left Output which goes through the tascam board, Snare - Right Output and patterns from 3 - 8 are going digital through Overbridge?

2. The Akai S1000 has a built-in stereo effects send/return. In a few weeks I want to buy an Korg Kaoss PAD 3. Can I choose for example that the key group 3,6 and 7 have an aux send and the rest not? Or is the aux send affecting all samples?

3. In Digitakt when I choose the MIDI patterns [8-16] in the SRC page I can change the banks. But when I change the banks for example on the Akai S900 MIDI CHANNELS nothing happens. Should I create another program in the S900 with other samples? I'm confused because I don't know if

a keygroup on the S900 [or S1000] = Bank on the Digitakt

or

a program in the S900 [or S1000] = Bank on the Digitakt?

4. I want to buy an MPD to get an MPC style workflow. How would you program it?