Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By austin303 Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:07 pm
Hi

I've just purchased a S2800 and I'm struggling to work out how to save a sample. I've manage to create a sample and edit it but can't workout how to save it. Also I can't find a copy of the manual online without having to put CC details into a website. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to save a sample and if anyones got a copy of the instruction they can share it would be very much appreciated.
By ace_of_dub Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:04 am
austin303 wrote:Hi

I've just purchased a S2800 and I'm struggling to work out how to save a sample. I've manage to create a sample and edit it but can't workout how to save it. Also I can't find a copy of the manual online without having to put CC details into a website. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to save a sample and if anyones got a copy of the instruction they can share it would be very much appreciated.

You need to use the S3000/S3000XL manual. A separate paper manual for the S2800 DID exist but AFAIK AKAI never put it online. The S3000 manual should answer most of your questions, please don't pay for that.
By wavejockey Mon May 03, 2021 12:41 pm
depends on your storage options
if you have a long sample that won't fit on a floppy, you have a problem
if you have a scsi storage, first light up the HD/ZIP, then the AKAI
don't forget to format first before you can proceed to the save menu
i always (choose to) save the entire volume (memory), samples, programs & whatsnot
that way you can load the volume and continue as you left of