Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By martel80 Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:08 pm
I recently bought an Akai S900 and for some reason, the menu show up with Japanese Characters

Please see picture attached

Is there any way to change that back to English Character and language ?

Thank you

By martel80 Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:45 pm
terry towelling wrote:that's pretty funny.

just stick a PASMO card in the disk drive and you'll be right.

Will it be good to come and go or should I recharge it before swapping it in ?
By richie Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:42 pm
It isn't that the language itself has changed. The actual S-900 is glitching out on you.

Are you using an OS 4.0 boot disk or is that happening when you turn the unit on with nothing in the drive?
By NearTao Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:57 am
I've seen a few faults in the display that seem to come from when my S950 doesn't *quite* know what to do... but nothing that drastic.

I'm with Richie... we need more details. You could have several different issues
* Corrupt firmware
* Corrupt disk
* Corrupt memory
* Corrupt display

I am sure I am missing a few things, but those are good places to try and run down at least.
By martel80 Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:25 pm
NearTao wrote:I've seen a few faults in the display that seem to come from when my S950 doesn't *quite* know what to do... but nothing that drastic.

I'm with Richie... we need more details. You could have several different issues
* Corrupt firmware
* Corrupt disk
* Corrupt memory
* Corrupt display

I am sure I am missing a few things, but those are good places to try and run down at least.

Thanks for the answer Richie and NearTao.

It happen when theres a floppy in the reader or when theres none.

It happen all the time.

Ive made a memory test and it return a DK05 bad ram.

It seems to be related to IC70.

Ive contacted Jazzcat that told me its not reliable to base a diagnostic on those report as it can be anything before or after.

I havent changed the OS yet so I guess I might just buy some chips and switch them in case thats the issue.

I havent changed the display neither so I might want to try that as well.

I'll report back.

By the way, do you guys have suggestion on which display ( and from whom ) and where should I get the EPROM and floppy for v4 ?

Thanks.