Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By pspsounds Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:28 pm
NearTao wrote:The bpm auto isn't great... you can change it from auto to manual mode and then set the BPM by hand if you're not liking the results.

Thanks, getting much better results in manual mode.
By SHARP. Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:44 pm
Ordered from Sweetwater in December. Still waiting :Sigh:
By NearTao Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:15 am
I am still making vids for it and I guess should get back to working on the guide… still enjoying it myself… if that helps.

I do see folks getting it imported from Japan for about 10% or so over cost… so might be worth trying ano5er place like ebay.
By Ill-Green Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:43 am
Yeah, since the price got jacked up to $559.99 USD it's best to wait for your order which was $499 right?

As Near Tao stated, ebay is looking sweet right now, some are less than the $559 price from Japan. I frequently buy directly from Japan, it's legit and wait times for delivery is 3 days to 2 weeks max. Usually I get my packages in 5 days.
By Ill-Green Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:35 am
https://www.roland.com/us/support/by_pr ... 5a6707ff3/

ROLAND SP-404MKII O.S. 2.0 IS HERE!!!

UPDATE HISTORY
[ Ver.2.00 ] JUL 2022
Additional Functions / Functionality Improvements
Please refer to the "SP-404MKII Reference Manual (Version 2.00)" for detailed information in the [ Owner's Manuals ].

< PATTERN SEQUENCER >
Chromatic Mode can now be recorded into patterns.
( While pattern recording, hold down [SHIFT] and press [PAD4]. )
TR-REC (step recording) function has been added.
( Press [REMAIN] in the PATTERN SETTING when pattern recording starts. Or hold down [SHIFT] and press [REC] during pattern playback. )
The number of Undo steps for pattern recording has been expanded from 8 to 16.
( During pattern recording, hold down [SHIFT] and press [PATTERN SELECT]. )
The number of pattern length can be selected from 1 to 64.
( In the PATTERN SETTING, turn the [C2] knob. )
The time signature setting has been extended to 1/4 - 7/4.
( In the PATTERN SETTING, hold down [SHIFT] and turn the [C2] knob. )
Added progress bar during pattern playback.
Pattern can now be copied during pattern playback.
Pattern playback is not stopped when pattern recording is exited.
Patterns can now be selected without playback.
( Press [PAD1] - [PAD16] while holding down the [VALUE] knob at the pattern select. )
Patterns can be selected by MIDI program change (PC).
< CHROMATIC MODE >
Polyphony/Legato playback is now available in chromatic mode.
( Push [REMAIN], Polyphony:Fast Blink, Legato:Slow Blink )
Scale input is now available in Chromatic Mode.
( Scale select:press the [VALUE] knob. Scale Note select:Hold down [ROLL] and turn the [VALUE] knob. )
< PITCH / SPEED >
When VINYL MODE is set to "No," the following VARI-ENCODE types can be selected according to the sample to minimize the sound quality degradation (higher sound quality) when PITCH/SPEED is changed.
BACKING
Suitable for instruments with attenuation. It is especially suitable for phrases that include instruments with a distinct attack (Drums, Percussion, Guitar rhythm, etc.).
ENSEMBLE
Suitable for sustained instruments. Especially suited for smooth tone changes (e.g. Strings, Bass).
< DJ MODE >
Added Quick Loop (ROLL) function in DJ Mode.
ROLL playback : Hold down [ROLL] and press [PAD13(CH1)] / [PAD15(CH2)].
ROLL size change : Hold down [SHIFT] and press [ROLL].
Change the size during ROLL : Hold down [ROLL] and press [PAD1] - [PAD4]).
Added crossfader to DJ Mode.
( Push [START/END] to switch to CUE fader.)
Patterns can be played in DJ Mode.
Select pattern: press [PATTERN SELECT].
Switching the pattern dedicated CH: press [PATTERN EDIT]
< EFFECTS >
"Cloud Delay", "SX Delay", "SX Reverb" and "BackSpin" has been added to MFX.
Hold down [MFX] and [ISOLATOR], press [PAD1] - [PAD4]. Or hold down [MFX] and turn the [VALUE] or [C3] knob.
"Harmony" has been added to INPUT FX.
( [INPUT SETTING] > [INPUT FX] )
Effect parameters can now be changed by MIDI control change (CC).
Samples not sent to BUS1 and BUS2 (DRY) can now be sent to BUS3.
( [UTILITY] > [EFX SET] > [OTHER] > [DRY Routing] > [BUS 3] )
Added shortcut to temporarily bypass BUS 3 and BUS4.
( Hold down the [VALUE] knob, press [BUS FX] )
< OTHER >
Reverse playback similar to SP-303 can now be selected.
( [UTILITY] > [SYSTEM] > [GENERAL] > [Reverse Type] > [303] )
Skip Back Sampling Time can be extended to 40 seconds.
( [UTILITY] > [SYSTEM] > [GENERAL] > [SBS Time] > [Long] )
USB audio input can be sent directly to LINE OUT without going through INPUT FX and BUS FX.
( [UTILITY] > [SYSTEM] > [GENERAL] > [USB IN] > [LINE IN, MIX OUT] )
When setting the START/END point, pressing [RESAMPLE] can now be set to the zero crosspoint (SNAP to Zero-Cross).
When setting a loop point, preview playback is now started from the loop point.
Sample file names can now be displayed in Cue mode.
Holding [SHIFT] and pushing [EXIT] will now stop all sample playback.
When selecting a sample to pad mute, the LED color has been improved to make it easier to see the pad that is playback.
The LED of pads are now changed to the customized color during the START/END and ENVELOPE mode.
The parameters that can be changed simultaneously for multiple samples in a Mute Group on the PITCH/SPEED screen have been expanded. [ BPM, BPM SYNC, GATE, LOOP, REVERSE ]
( On the PITCH/SPEED screen, hold down [COPY] to change parameters. )
The ENVELOPE parameters of multiple samples in a mute group can now be changed simultaneously.
( At the ENVELOPE screen, hold down [COPY] and change the parameter. )
Bug Fixes
The following bugs have been fixed.
In CHOP mode, under certain conditions, if you assign to a pad that has the original sample. Fixed a problem in which the assigned sample would disappear.
Other minor bugs.
By Ill-Green Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:10 am
In Brazil? Be sure to take pics :mrgreen:

Yeah, I still didn't update mine yet, just gonna wait it out a couple weeks more in case 2.01 drops for last minute upgrades. Besides, still building my guitar which will be "the one" for an upcoming album, so not so anxious right now...but when that git is done, I'm gonna be all over this! Feeding it all kinds of crazy sounds! :nod:
By Sense-A Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:45 am
I didn't even notice this thing until now. Roland comes out with some solid stuff time to time. I recently got a roland bitrazer for on the fly bit crushing and down sampling and LPF and resonance all in one small portable box. I also recently scored a great deal on a maxed out Roland MV 8000. I have too many samplers. Right now I'm just focusing on building drum kits for the MPC 1000.

The way they utilize chords and all the intricacies and options for pitch shifting and time shifting makes this 404mkii look nice. Some of those FX sound awesome. Lots of power and innovation in a small package. This is good since I didn't like the MV-1 and some of the other cheesy rainbow color spaceship looking shit roland came out with the last few years.
By Sense-A Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:48 am
Ill-Green wrote:As Near Tao stated, ebay is looking sweet right now, some are less than the $559 price from Japan. I frequently buy directly from Japan, it's legit and wait times for delivery is 3 days to 2 weeks max. Usually I get my packages in 5 days.

Lots of the audio gear that ships out of Japan is 100volts. Then you have to get a transformer to step up the voltage. At least on older gear. Some newer stuff works on either 100v or 120v and adjusts accordingly.
By Ill-Green Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:46 pm
Sense-A wrote:
Lots of the audio gear that ships out of Japan is 100volts. Then you have to get a transformer to step up the voltage. At least on older gear. Some newer stuff works on either 100v or 120v and adjusts accordingly.

Roland has always made their devices universal, only thing to change is the AC adapter. The SP itself runs on the same voltage values. And yes, a Japanese SP can work in the UK, US and any other region in the world.
By NearTao Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:19 pm
I'm 99% sure that the power supply that ships with the mk2 is capable of managing 100v-240v... you just need an adapter in some cases to adjust the types of prongs.
By ShengTao Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:04 pm
Hey guys, just got my mk2.. can anyone explain why my tempo can only be set to even values in pattern mode? In other words it will allow 170,172, 174, 176 but NOT 175 which is my preferred tempo. Can't find anything in the manual to suggest why, and all the YouTube vids seem to show people setting their tempo wherever they like.
Anyone else had this problem?

I should mention I am on os 2.0
By Ill-Green Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:09 am
Did you set your BPM to manual?

Do that first and then you can TAP tempo your way to odd numbered BPMs in any mode.