Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Ill-Green Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:45 pm
Its been busy heavily this season at work. I'm mentally planning a video with my guitar and record a verse. It can take a whole day, so I'll fix something up on my day off.

Diggin' the sound of them beats and your setup is nuts.
By NearTao Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:27 pm
I hear you man... so many think it is money... but time is the real commodity. You need time to make money, but it is not straight forward to buy time with money.

Setup is stupid... been selling stuff off to free up my own mental capacity for what I actually want to do right now. Easily got twice what I need, and could be so much more focussed with even less. Gotta get out of the novelty and nostalgia for some of this stuff lol.
By NearTao Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:31 am
You can do "USB Sampling" if you're in controller mode on the MPC LIVE... but the 404 mk2 shows up to your computer as a USB AUDIO device without having to change modes or anything else.

The major difference here though is that with the MPC way... you must be attached to a PC (Windows/Mac)... sure you can use the MPC as a USB AUDIO device on your tablet or phone of choice, but you won't be able to sample to it. Plus... since you're attached to a computer with the MPC, you'll have to transfer files around and all that. So it's a few more steps, not as straight forward, and limited use cases.

The mk2 on the other hand, you sample over the audio device, it is natural and fully integrated into the experience, so whether you sample off of the audio/mic/guitar inputs, or over USB, it is all the exact same workflow.
By Ill-Green Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:30 pm
To add to NearTao, this USB sampling on the SP is the same as sampling from the inputs. You can sample anything that has audio; from your DAW, the internet, ringtones off your cellphone, music apps etc. Unlike the MPC, where its just transfer of data.
By LoopFlyRawker Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:57 pm
I just ordered the SP-404 MKII and a MPC Live 2. I'll probably get them sometime in June or July with the way manufacturing and shipping is going these days so until then I'm rocking with my ASR X Pro and S2400.
Byimpatient-member Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:34 pm
Ill-Green wrote:I feel kinda :shock: at the price considering the price of the 404A right now.

Perhaps the 404A will have PS3 legendary status in the future. Might have some kind of tech never to be sold publicly again :P

I am happy they have finally implemented pitch/speed. Notice timestretch and lofi buttons are totally removed. You can do both with that new feature and with control of the knobs.

Its looking great to tell you the truth. And if you are a new buyer of the 404A, I really wouldn't be mad especially at $499, I would grab one before they go up to $549 :nod:

I snagged a 404sx for $300 shipped last year. Glad I got it before the mkII was dropped. I just checked on eBay and I could sell my sx for like $600 now lol